Manufacturing Engineering Technician- Temp-to-Hire 5/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN - TEMP-TO-HIRE
RE: COVID-19, FORMFACTOR IS COMMITTED TO THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES. WE HAVE AMPLE SAFETY PROTOCOLS IN PLACE, INCLUDING SOCIAL DISTANCING, SAFETY TRAINING AND APPROPRIATE SCREENINGS FOR ALL ON-SITE PERSONNEL AND VISITORS.
We live in a mobile driven world where technology is constantly improving. Semiconductor manufacturers need a partner as they pioneer and drive the most advanced integrated circuits (ICs) ever made. FormFactor is the world s leading supplier of probe cards used to test the ICs that power the majority of smart phones and tablets on the planet, as well as electronic systems used in computing, consumer, automotive and other applications. We are a big company with a small time feel. Working at FormFactor gives you the opportunity to work with cutting edge technology, have a direct influence on next generation products hitting the market and drive the overall growth and development of the semiconductor industry.
We are a fast-paced, growing company where each employee contributes to our culture of integrity, innovation, and teamwork. We are looking for enthusiastic, talented individuals who can thrive in a changing and challenging environment.
The Engineering Technician performs functions associated with leading edge probe card manufacturing assembly operations including assisting engineers with various aspects of process development/CIP, update/creation of work instructions and associated operator training & certification, supporting various process improvement activities, support defect disposition and further develop factory tools, support line throughput challenges and more. This technician will also assist in various hardware management support activities including tooling development/sustaining & associated condition controls and critical equipment spares management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Support Manufacturing Engineering activity by recognizing, prioritizing & implementing improvement opportunities, pioneering new ideas, and finding innovative methods to accomplish goals.
* Component-level troubleshooting and defect analysis
* Perform specialized PCB rework as needed to support production
* Create or update operator work instructions for various processes and process improvements.
* Implement & log One Point Lessons for immediate issue containment, timely follow-up to integrate into WI s.
* Performs operator training and certification across shifts
* Coaches or trains technicians to develop teamwork, leadership and technical skills.
* Conduct tests and experiments to improve production processes or develop new products and processes.
* Support automated assembly systems process / machine parameters and create/modify recipes.
* Monitor and maintain SPC for critical process & equipment function indicators.
* Assist in first article probe card assembly including component-level SMT, initial recipe set-up and verification, various metrology steps & rework if necessary.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED
* Experience soldering and reworking SMT components
* Comfortable using basic test equipment- multimeters, oscilloscopes, power supplies; network analyzer experience a plus.
* Capable of reading/interpreting electrical schematics
* Electrical troubleshooting skills
* Have solid computer skills (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point; Excel Macros).
* Working knowledge of mathematics and statistics.
* Good communication skills, both oral and written.
* Demonstrates strong problem-solving skills as related to manufacturing issues.
* Familiarity with mechanical machined parts, CAD component & assembly drawings.
* Able to use hierarchy BOM structure to determine parts required for builds
* Able to work with limited supervision, is self-directed, and has a methodical approach to solving technical problems.
* Have excellent manual dexterity.
FormFactor is committed to providing a work environment where everyone is treated with dignity and respect. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and are committed to compliance with all Federal, State, and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, sex (including breastfeeding and related conditions), gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, marital status, registered domestic partner status, medical condition, military or veteran status, genetic characteristics or information, or any other legally protected characteristic. These protections extend to all employment and management decisions including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, training, promotions, pay practices, benefits, disciplinary actions and terminations, and all other terms and conditions of employment..