Manufacturing Equip Maint Technician 8/21/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Category (For Job Seekers)
H1201 - Plant P20 - San Jose, CA 95131 US (Primary)
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Equipment Maintenance Technician to perform electrical or mechanical troubleshooting on equipment used in the manufacturing process. Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals.
Shift: Day Shift, with Possible Weekend Coverage
Nature of Duties:
* Performs electrical or mechanical troubleshooting of electro-mechanical equipment used in the manufacturing process
* Dismantles, adjusts, repairs and assembles equipment according to layout plans, blueprints, operating or repair manuals, rough sketches or drawings
* Uses test and diagnostic equipment to perform equipment evaluations
* Rebuild & repair manufacturing equipment as required
* May perform equipment modifications as directed by Facilities Manager
* Able to perform Preventive Maintenance on manufacturing equipment for printed circuit board shop
* Removal and installation of old & new equipment, fabrication, Plumbing, Welding, Electrical trouble shooting, roof repairs, ability to follow established safety guidelines while working close to or with chemicals
Education and Experience:
* Minimum 1 years of Maintenance experience
* Associates or Two year technical Degree
* Some heavy lifting
* Overtime, emergency calls and some weekends, as needed
* Mechanically inclined, able to work with a large variety of hand tools and power tools, operate a Forklift, Electric High & Low Voltage
* Plumbing (sweat copper) tread pipe, work with PVC & Poly Pro
SANMINA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/VETERAN/DISABILITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION/GENDER IDENTITY
This is an ITAR facility and applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.