Manufacturing Equipment Engineer (Swing Shift) 8/20/2020
San Jose, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Making a Material Difference is at the core of our DNA. For more than 30 years, we have developed differentiated technologies and built expertise and know-how that has enabled world-changing devices such as LED lighting, data storage, advanced computing and mobile devices to reach industrial scale. We help customers overcome technical and cost barriers that make it possible to convert novel materials into high-yielding device performance at production volumes. Our customers produce the newest, fastest, smallest, and most efficient electronic components used in devices to help deliver a better world.
We serve the semiconductor and emerging high-growth markets. Our process equipment and technology are used to manufacture advanced semiconductors, LEDs, displays, photonics, VCSELs, power electronics, compound semiconductors, hard disk drives, MEMS and wireless chips.
Ultratech a division of Veeco is hiring a Manufacturing Equipment Engineer with primary responsibilities to participate in the assembling of newly manufactured systems and subsystems on the manufacturing floor.
**This position will start on 1st shift then will move to swing shift (2:30 p.m.-11:00 p.m.) after about three months.**
* Integrate setup and test complex optical and electro-mechanical subsystems into a higher level system or process module
* Perform mechanical and software installations, and execute precision set-ups and adjustments following detailed work instructions
* Diagnose and repair system performance issues using high precision electrical, optical and mechanical test equipment
* Troubleshoot testing activity discrepancies, and design and conduct formal test plans
* Work with Development Engineering as required resolving diverse & complex issues found during Final Test
* Work with Manufacturing Engineering and Assembly Test Technicians to resolve and close issues
* Manage all manufacturing test data associated with source acceptance testing of a process module
* Compile statistical reports for each system during Final Test
* Participate in Continuous Improvement. Identify and provide improvements of test methods for existing products and collaborate with Engineering to develop methodologies for new products/components
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering related field (preferably Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial) required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of hardware, software and control systems
* SAP skills that range from simple inquiries to complex reports and transactions (MM, PP modules)
* Proficient with EXCEL and able to understand and apply statistical data analysis
* Strong interpersonal skills to interface with technicians, engineering, management, sales and marketing
* Willingness to work overtime, holidays and weekends as required to meet company revenue requirements
* Military experience is a plus
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.