Marina Manager 8/21/2020
Crescent Hotels & Resorts
Horseshoe Bay, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
The Marina Manager's primary responsibility is to provide leadership, direction, supervision and training of the dockhand crew and marina maintenance staff, including, but not limited to marina gas dock and slips, marina hut dock, and water sport equipment for activities and programs. The Marina Manager is to be directly involved in maintenance and repairs for all marina slips & watercraft equipment and ensure that all docks are well-maintained, safe and boaters observe all marine rules and regulations. The Marina Manager is to provide Horseshoe Bay Resort members, guests, and associates with necessary program guidance and coaching to ensure a positive attainment of organizational goals.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Ensure the smooth daily operations of the Marina docks
* Gas dock, slips and hut dock.
* Maintain cleanliness and organization of all areas.
* Assure proper equipment for marina activities and programs.
* Maintain time records for dockhand crew.
* Inspect associate uniforms.
* Responsible for reporting inventory levels of all equipment and placing order on needed equipment.
* Manage maintenance log for all watercraft and related equipment including mechanical, electrical, motor, interior and exterior, hours of motor operation, and other maintenance logs, as well as cleanliness.
* Assist dock hands with gas dock/valet service/member special requests
* Maintain equipment with daily, weekly and monthly inspections and assuring timely repairs if needed
* Maintain professional composure in high stress situations in order to make last-minute changes, especially communicating both verbally and in writing with other departments.
* Update MSDS binder as needed.
* Maintain information and manufacturers recommendations on all marina equipment.
* Comply with and enforce all Resort rules and policies.
* High school diploma or equivalent.
* Current Texas boater's Certificate.
* Current Driver's License with satisfactory MVR for insurability.
* Must be certified as UST/AST PASS Marina Operator class A/B
* General seamanship knowledge that includes boating right-of-way rules, basic navigation and inshore and offshore mooring techniques.
* Must have solid understanding of marina operations.
* Exceptional communication, organizational skills and detail oriented.
* Ability to work one-on-one, both in person and by phone.
* Pleasant and out-going personality.
* General computer knowledge
* Maintain proper associate uniform standards and footwear which is slip resistant, enclosed toe.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)