Marketing Manager - Business Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/25/2019
END DATE 2/14/2020
Cushman & Wakefield, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob TitleMarketing Manager - Business Development
Job Description SummaryThe purpose of a Business Development Manager within the Marketing Function is to collaborate and help Management and Fee earners win business. This is both on proactive pursuits that are aligned to managements strategic targets as well as being reactive to competitive opportunities. The Business Development Manager is a part of the Tri-State Marketing leadership team and is responsible for overseeing the structure, process and product (content and tools) as well as providing strategic direction related to new business pursuits and overall business development efforts. The position will work directly with internal clients (e.g. fee earners, service line leaders) to develop winning marketing strategies for new business development.
- Be staunch advocate for and leader of Cushman & Wakefield s Solution Design Before Delivery Business Development process ensuring the team is incorporating vital Cushman & Wakefield best practices
- Self starter who has the ability to drive cultural change around putting the client at the center of everything
- Lead the strategic direction for the messaging, content, and marketing materials to be developed, following the guidelines of C&W s BD Proposing Solutions approach
- Ensure development of agreed upon expectations, timelines and project milestones with project team at project outset, and ensure management of those expectation, timelines and milestones throughout the process
- Responsible for leading, providing strategic direction and executing on Business Development projects (both proposals and client presentations) in partnership with fee earners
- Ensure due diligence is performed on all potential clients and work with Research professionals to ensure all appropriate supporting data is captured
- Perform the lead content and writing role on select Business Development deliverables, drafting original content and identifying appropriate text, concepts and salient points that add value
- Delegate and oversee material design and development to BD designers, marketing team, and researchers
- Track wins/losses for each project supported by the marketing team
- Report on marketing metrics and best-in-class successes
Leadership / Management Accountabilities:
- Lead a team of 1 2 Business Development Senior Associates
- Work collaboratively with the other Business Development Managers to assign project resources and share content and best practices
- Coach and mentor BD team in the development and on-going improvement of BD best practices
- Partner with BD Design Team to communicate objectives about collateral design
- Foster strong relationships with subject matter experts and fee earners throughout the organization
- Ability to be diplomatic, professional and motivating in a fast-paced and high-production department working under tight deadlines
- Bachelor s Degree required
- 8-10 years of Marketing and Business Development support experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft suite (including PowerPoint) and Adobe suite (including InDesign)
- Managerial experience
- Ideal candidate would have Business Development experience in the Commercial Real Estate industry
- Ability to independently achieve successful outcomes on all executed activities
- Must be willing to work occasional late hours to meet deadlines
- Maturity to effectively manage and exceed meeting expectations with strong facilitation skills and a presence to take control and lead challenging fee earners (at times) to the achievement of aligned outcomes
- Strong ability to problem-solve with the ability to work effectively, efficiently, and independently in a deadline-driven, dynamic, small office environment
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Advanced analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Ability to identify and successfully resolve team concernCushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.