Master Program Manager 6/3/2020
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions
San Diego, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY A career with CAES is more than just a job, it is the pathway to a bright future.
Are you searching for a career with a company that offers challenging, diverse projects and opportunities? Are you looking for a position with a company that is growing and able to offer long-term professional advancement? Searching for a company that values a friendly work environment and that values YOU? Consider Cobham. #peoplefocusedmissiondriven #everymissionmatters
We are Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions (CAES), a technologically advanced electronics company employing more than 3,600 talented makers, thinkers, innovators, and doers nationwide. We build things that solve challenging problems from deep space to the depths of the ocean. We serve customers in defense, aerospace, security, medical, and industrial markets.
Reporting to the VP of Programs and Strategy for the Radar and EW Microelectronics business area in San Diego, the Program Manager V (Master) is responsible for all stages of the program life cycle with major customers, with particular focus on the program performance and forecasting against internal plans and metrics. The position is also responsible for managing internal engineering, material and manufacturing plans and status reporting to customer for development orders and production orders, ensuring on time completion of contract line items.
Key responsibilities include:
* Direct all phases of programs from inception through completion. Responsible for the cost, schedule and technical performance of company programs or subsystems of major programs.
* Coordinate the preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets and financial terms/conditions of contract.
* Participate in the negotiation of contract and contract changes.
* Work closely with Program Controls and Finance teams to forecast revenue and cash performance and provide analysis on program performance trends
* Analyze product cost at all levels to determine trends both positive and negative, work with cross functional teams to address variance.
* Interface with Integrated Supply Chain and Operations leadership to monitor Net Working Capital performance and introduction of processes and procedures to drive improvements
* Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans and schedules, identify complex and strategic program problems and obtain solutions by partnering with top management, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Bachelors degree in business or a technical field
* 11 - 13 years of program related work experience including customer interaction and budget, scheduling, and financial responsibilities OR 10+ years in a specialized functional discipline and 2+ years of dedicated Program Management. Experience in these areas must include engineering/manufacturing environments, and programs that reflect moderate risk and complexity.
* US Citizenship required in order to obtain/maintain secret security clearance
* Strong leadership skills including the ability to motivate and influence in a matrix organization
* Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
* Aerospace and/or defense industry experience
* Experience in Technology Development Programs
* Experience with process improvement
* Experience in manufacturing technical products
* Experience in forecasting and monitoring program financial performance
* MBA or MS Degree
Founded in 1934 by aviation innovator Sir Alan Cobham, our values of Trust, Talent and Technology have driven us to become a global leader in state-of-the-art aerospace and defense systems. It's the insights of our innovators today that will secure our collective future. Innovators like you!
If you are authorized to work in the United States, then we encourage you to apply. We are unable to sponsor work visas. U.S. Citizenship required for positions requiring a Security Clearance.
Cobham is one of the world's leading companies engaged in the development, delivery and support of leading-edge aerospace and defense systems in the air, on land and at sea. Our clients and partners trust Cobham to deliver the mission-critical technology they need, and we trust our employees to draw on their ingenuity and passion to deliver those solutions. This leads to an empowering culture for our people. Our Leadership team is open, sharing plans for the next five years, driving retention by offering demanding, exciting work, and providing full guidance and mentoring.
Cobham is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Cobham to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information. Cobham will refrain from discharging, or otherwise discriminating against, employees or applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose their compensation or the compensation of other employees or applicants.
The EEO is the Law poster is available here and the poster supplement is available here.
The Pay Transparency Policy is available here.
Cobham Advanced Electronic Solutions is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to CAEScareers@cobhamaes.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.