Master Technician/Mechanic 8/25/2020
Las Vegas, NV
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TEC Equipment is the West's leading full-service, heavy-duty truck and trailer dealership, with over 1,300 employees in 29 locations in Washington, Oregon, California, Nevada, and Arizona. Since our humble beginnings in 1976, we continue to be family-owned and operated. Click Here to Learn More About TEC Equipment.
Our Las Vegas, NV location is a Mack and Volvo heavy duty truck franchise dealer featuring a parts department and a Mack/Volvo Uptime Certified-service department. We have a full-time opportunity for an experienced Diesel Technician/Mechanic to join our team. In this role, you play a big part in delivering on our customer commitment which is to gain customer loyalty by providing exceptional service.
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:00AM - 3:30PM.
Our benefits include:
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Life, Accident, and Disability Insurance
* Healthcare, Commuter, and Dependent Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
* 401K Retirement Savings Plan with a Company Contribution
* Paid Vacation, Sick, Holiday
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
* Length of Service Recognition Program
* Referral Bonus Program
* CDL License and Medical Review Fee
* Uniforms and Cleaning Service
* Steel-Toed Boot and Tool Program
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
* Conduct thorough inspections and diagnostic tests to troubleshoot issues and ensure vehicle in proper operating condition.
* Perform advanced repairs accurately and within required time frame, aiming to exceed customer expectations.
* Perform routine and preventative maintenance services.
* Identify worn and damaged parts (including major components such as engines and transmissions), repairing, adjusting, or replacing as needed.
* Verify vehicle performance by conducting test drives and adjusting controls and systems.
* Contain costs by following warranty guidelines and evaluating parts and service options.
* Maintain vehicle records by documenting services and repairs.
* Maintain safe and organized work area and equipment.
* Follow all state and federal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards; follow company policies, procedures, and safety and EPA regulations. Use all safety equipment necessary for the job.
* Must have own hand tools
* 5 Years experience in Class 8 or heavy duty shop OR Master Tech level certifications.
* CDL preferred but not required. * Certifications in Cat, Cummins, Detroit, Paccar, International a plus but not required. * Demonstrated expertise in identifying parts and components of diesel truck engines, transmissions, and braking mechanisms; proven ability to disassemble, work on, and reassemble diesel truck parts and machinery; ability to identify mechanical and electronic problems, make repairs, and offer a proper maintenance strategy.
* Proficient in use of all tools of trade.
* Ability to communicate with service office through Work Performed Stories.
* Basic computer skills to input vehicle maintenance records and diagnosis equipment
* Ability to meet physical demands of the job in safe and alert manner (job requires frequent lifting/moving, climbing, stooping, kneeling, seeing, grasping, etc.)
* Valid driver's license. CDL preferred but not required.
* Volvo/Mack Master Tech Certification
* Valid CDL A or B
We believe our employees deserve a safe work environment. All offers of employment are contingent on successful completion of pre-employment drug screen and background check. Employment for positions that require driving is contingent upon passing MVR record check and being insurable by our auto insurance policy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.