Material Coordinator - Contract 5/5/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Coordinates the flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections, departments, or suppliers according to production and shipping schedules or department priorities. Inputs transactions and monitors and controls movement of material and parts. Reviews production schedules and related information and coordinates with stakeholders to determine material requirements and to identify overdue materials. Evaluates schedules and determines required materials and availability. Requisitions material and establishes sequential delivery dates to departments, according to job order priorities and material availability. Computes amount of material required to complete job orders. Compiles and maintains manual or computerized records, such as material inventory, in-process reports, and status and location of materials. Generates requests for quotes and authorizations for repair and/or assembly of material or part. Loads, unloads, and moves parts and materials.
* Considerable knowledge of the job. Complete acquaintance with and understanding of the general and detailed aspects of the job and their practical applications to problems and situations ordinarily encountered.
* Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work, and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
* Errors may be difficult to detect and would normally result in loss of customer business, material, or equipment to resolve.
* Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of a sensitive nature.
KEY SKILLS & ABILITIES
* Ability to perform varied administrative activities such as data input, record or log keeping, information monitoring and follow-up, etc.
* Knowledge of assembly and production processes, manufacturing capabilities and data needed for defining delivery configurations. Ability to differentiate production processes and requirements from in-service procedures and requirements.
* Ability to operate typical warehouse equipment (e.g. forklift, turret truck, stock picker).
* Ability to utilize technological tools (e.g., PC's, web sites) and business system applications to manage, synthesize, and interpret data relevant to workloads, responsibilities, problem identifications and resolutions. Ability to operate relevant personal computing hardware (e.g., personal computers, software, printers, storage media) and standard software (e.g., word processing, graphics packages, spreadsheets/databases).
* Knowledge of repair, maintenance, and retrofit processes and practices (e.g., unplanned event system, technical orders, kitting, overhaul and depot support).
* Knowledge of enterprise resource systems to include supply databases, shipping receiving, warranties and inventory management tools/processes.
* Knowledge of customer and supplier requirements to support program deliveries for example planned versus unplanned demand, economic order quantity, resource planning, material type, manufacture or purchase, lead times.
* Knowledge of specialized processes and technical areas which include: Foreign Object Damage/Debris procedures and equipment; sheet metal processing; air vehicle manufacturing processes; shipping, receiving, packaging and storage; specialized tools; calibration maintenance processes; corrosion prevention; electrostatic discharge; fabrication tools; hand-tools; flight hardware towing, jacking, and marshalling operations; general shop processes.
* General knowledge of transportation, shipping, receiving, and storage procedures to understand and identify potential requirements and impacts (e.g., Electrostatic Discharge [ESD], hazardous material, OSHA, EHS).
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School and 4 years of related experience
Equal Employment Opportunity: Insitu s policy on equal employment opportunity prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or veteran status. This policy applies to recruiting, hiring, transfers, promotions, terminations, compensation and benefits and also states that retaliation against any employee who files a complaint regarding possible violations of this policy will not be tolerated. All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Additional Benefits9/80 work week (we close every other Friday)
Vancouver-->Bingen-->Hood River wifi enabled commuter bus
Dog friendly workplace