Material Handler, Distribution Center 5/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The Role
The Material Handler at our Energy Distribution Center will primarily move materials within the distribution center. He/she will accurately receive, verify, inspect, count, stock and pick materials according to procedure while interacting with employees of all levels in different areas of the organization.
* Receive, verify, inspect, count, and stock materials according to procedure.
* Load and unload materials onto or from carts/pallets/racks for movement or storage, by hand or using material handling equipment.
* Maintain accurate counts and system records for all material transactions.
* Perform daily, monthly, and quarterly physical inventory cycle counts as required.
* Work with local supervisor and peers to continually improve processes and procedures.
* Maintain good housekeeping.
* Adhere to all safety practices and policies.
* High School Diploma and/or the equivalent experience in manufacturing/distribution environment preferred.
* Prior experience accurately completing data entry in warehouse management system desired.
* Evidence of exceptional ability.
* Ability to excel in and foster a collaborative team environment. Working as a team player, interacting with employees of all levels of the organization.
* Ability to move materials throughout a warehouse environment.
* Ability to operate forklifts, pallet jacks, or dollies safely required.
* Ability to push, pull and lift up to 40 lbs.
* Ability to regularly lift, bend, stoop, kneel, reach and stand for extended periods of time.
* Have great attention to detail.
* Ability to plan, organize and manage multiple projects with competing demands and deadlines.
* Basic computer knowledge and skills required, including Microsoft Excel and Word.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
* Regular, reliable and predictable attendance require
Valid Driver's license required
Tesla participates in the E-Verify Program
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.