Material Handler / Sample Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/13/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
The Phoenix Group
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY:
The Sample Tech is one of the most important roles at The Phoenix Group . The Technician collects production samples from various manufacturing lines throughout the facility, transports them back to the lab, identifies required tests needed for the sample, fabricates to the appropriate specimen size, and delivers specimens to the testing area for testing and processing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: * Follows all JSHA s (Job Safety & Hazard Analyses) and QSOP s (Quality Standard Operating Practices) as required.
* Completes Mobile Equipment Checklist (inspection) at the start of each turn for Met Lab vehicles (2 pickup trucks and Kubota RTV) and fork truck.
* Operate the Kubota RTV cart and pickup trucks to collect samples from various operating units throughout the mill and deliver them to the lab or other areas as requested.
* Collects samples from each operating unit at designated areas (per a designated route and frequency).
* Log samples onto a worksheet as the samples are transferred from the vehicle to a sample cart while maintaining a positive sample identity.
* Use a computer to enter sample identification information and acknowledge the samples in LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).
* Determine what type of test is required of each sample and record on the aforementioned worksheet.
* Cuts samples utilizing shears and/or band saw.
* Delivers test specimens to various testing areas within the lab and throughout the mill.
* Dumps scrap bins utilizing walk-behind fork truck throughout the shift.
* Dumps retain bins utilizing walk-behind fork truck as needed.
* Notifies the Lab Leader of any problems with the machines.
* Ensures work areas are clean and orderly.
* Completes miscellaneous projects as assigned, such as cleaning machinery.
* Attends daily safety meetings, toolbox talk and quality meetings.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: * Must maintain a valid driver s license in order to operate vehicles on customer property.
* Must possess the ability to work effectively in a manufacturing environment:Exposure to both extreme heat and cold conditions Both an indoor and outdoor environmentExposure to sounds and smells associated with a manufacturing facility.
* Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and 20-40 lbs on a regular basis
* Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Attention to detail
* Able to work well individually and as part of a team
* Follows direction well, willing to ask questions when uncertain, and willing to report issues when they arise
* Must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
The Phoenix Group works hard to create a culture that recognizes the unique importance of our people and provides a special environment that promotes our values (we have 5 of them, see below). We want our people to truly believe that they have never worked for a better organization. * SERVICEServing others in the best way possible is, to us, the most important measure of our success. Our families, our clients, our company and employees, and our communities are our mission field.
* INTEGRITYWe believe that fair, honest, transparent, straight forward are the right adjectives to define our success
* GOODWILLIn every community where we do business, we are active in giving back and making a difference.
* EXCELLENCEWe strive to do the job well, the first time, and efficiently. We own and learn from our mistakes, and we correct them. Our goal is to serve our customers in a way that helps them succeed and makes them raving fans.
* PEOPLEPhoenix is a team of people who genuinely care about each other and who are passionate about building a future by working well together.
Powered by JazzHR