Material Handler- Temp
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/27/2019
END DATE 1/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONThe Company
Markem-Imaje is a wholly owned subsidiary of the US-based Dover Corporation and is a trusted world manufacturer of product identification and traceability solutions, offering a full line of reliable and innovative inkjet, thermal transfer, laser, and print and apply label systems.
Markem-Imaje provides global reach to over 50,000 customers with 30 subsidiaries, 6 technology centers, several equipment repair centers and manufacturing plants with the most comprehensive marking and coding portfolio available in the marketplace.
Are you a self-motivated, confident, and passionate individual seeking an opportunity in inventory management supporting manufacturing teams; who understands the importance of processing orders on time to meet customer's delivery, quality requirements and have a passion for continuous improvement?
In this role you'll be… working as part of a material handling team, coordinating the inventory and parts management for the manufacturing team. You'll be responsible for following procedures for product packing/assembly/manufacturing, raw material, handling/mixing, equipment operation and safety requirements as documented on the standard operating procedures and company safety guidelines. Working closely with the materials management group, team leads, assemblers and supervisors to meet the daily production requirements.
You'll have an opportunity to… contribute to an organization committed to and focused on improving product and process quality through continuous improvement, Lean, other problem solving techniques. Work with minimal supervision.
You should possess… High school or equivalent education, manufacturing, warehouse, inventory management experience.
Great package including Bonus, CAREER Growth and Great Benefits…
Principal Activities / Duties / Responsibilities:
* Execute manufacturing and warehousing operations according to standards (SOP's) and job safety requirements.
* Operate production and warehouse machinery; manual, automatic and/or semi-automatic; and computers as required as well as equipment change-overs as required.
* Complete daily production logs, required reporting, record keeping and inventory cycle counts.
* Clean and maintain work area.
* Generate, collect, move, store hazardous waste or prepare document(s) related to non-hazardous/hazardous waste management.
* Propose any identified improvement in the activity scope.
* Maintain material supply level adhering to just in time manufacturing principles.
* Support and participate in Continuous Improvement activities; Kaizens, Lean, 6S, etc.
* Other duties and tasks as assigned or directed.
Education and/or Experience Required/General Skills:
* High school/Trade School or equivalent education.
* Above average computer skills; SAP, word, excel, e-mail.
* Manufacturing, warehouse, inventory management experience.
* Ability to read, have good written and oral communications, have good mathematics skills.
* Good hand eye coordination, dexterity, and time management skills.
* Good vision and ability to distinguish between colors.
* Ability to use material handling equipment; box openers, pallet jacks, forklifts.
* Ability to acquire job skills and understand company policy and procedure to complete routine asks.
* Frequent standing, walking, sitting, kneeling, bending, and/or lifting up to 25 lbs.
Keene, New Hampshire is a small college-town where you'll find a charming downtown Main Street teeming with shops, restaurants and a retro movie theater. Employees also enjoy a great range of outdoor activities close by such as skiing and hiking.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, genetic information, or any other factors prohibited by law..