Material Program Manager 6/3/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Category (For Job Seekers)
Defense & Aerospace, Materials/Planning/Procurement/SCM, Professionals
14381 - EMS Huntsville AL US - Huntsville, 35803 US (Primary)
Material PM Supply Chain
JOB DESCRIPTION *
Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
We are currently recruiting highly qualified candidates, whose background and career goals meet our needs, for the following position in our Huntsville, AL facility. Please note that due to our Department of Defense contract requirements, U.S. CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED.
As a SCI Material Program Manager, you will be a key leader for assigned Programs including new product launches and key enabler of continuous improvement for the procurement organization. You will work closely with external suppliers and internal cross functional partners in Program Management, Contracts, Operations, Engineering, Legal, Finance and more to ensure high level supply chain performance. You will manage suppliers through all phases of a product s lifecycle from contract execution, hardware design and development, ramp up through the end of production. You will act as a senior point of escalation for individual procurement contributors, assisting the drive towards a more responsive, compliant, and world class organization.
NATURE OF DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Acting as the main focal point within supply chain for assigned programs/suppliers while maintaining internal and external supplier relationships. Presenting to the Program Management Office (PMO) and executive leadership on the status and issues affecting schedule performance and program cost.
* Assisting development and execution of Supply Chain initiatives to support Government business area strategies, including improvement in efficiencies, global scaling, business capture and execution, and responsive compliance.
* Coordinating and leading collaboration meetings with all supply chain functions (procurement, planning and material control) to ensure that effective demand and supply planning is executed.
* Ensuring all supply chain commitments are met, plans are developed and executed, and risks are mitigated for assigned programs/suppliers. This includes assessing complex procurements and breaking them down into manageable pieces, while communicating with cross-functional teams to allow them to deliver results in a successful and timely manner.
* Working with suppliers on meeting contractual requirements throughout a project lifecycle. This includes compliance to the program milestones and supplier deliverables outlined in the statement of work and other documents.
* Facilitating effective supplier New Product Introduction (NPI) execution and ensuring the supplier can ramp up from design and development to production. This includes supplier resource planning, process development, capacity ramp up, and material clear to build.
* Acting as a key escalation point for procurement staff with complex supplier engagement and performance issues.
* Driving Supplier Design for Manufacturing engagement and material cost reduction activities.
* Manage Bid Cost and drive PPV performance that exceeds Programs goals.
* Ensuring that Program E&O(Excess and Obsolete)is managed and reported to PMO to maintain Program E&O established goals.
* Tracking and managing supplier performance, including risks, opportunities, problems, decisions, and schedules.
* Pulling in operations resources for process development, technical support, and quality assurance as required.
* Passionately driving supply chain improvements that exceed internal and external customer s expectations.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 8-10 years of experience working with suppliers in an entrepreneurial, high tech environment.
* Well versed, working knowledge of FAR/DFARs, experience defending procurements with customers and/or DCMA/DCAA.
* Experience with preparing pricing for government proposals.
* Experience with contract management, project management, and supplier relationship management within a low volume high mix environment or complex environment.
* Experience working with development and ramp within electronics hardware manufacturing.
* Experience with Statements of Work, Supplier contract development and negotiations.
* Ability to lead in a matrix environment to achieve schedule, cost, quality targets.
* Understanding of supply chain functions and their importance (demand/supply planning, procurement, material control).
* Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation skills, including the ability to present to senior managers and program leadership.
* Skilled user of Microsoft Office suite of business software: Word, Excel, Project and Power Point.
* US citizenship.
* Bachelors Degree in related discipline or related experience.
* Ability to travel up to 25%.
* Experience with supplier development and/or top tier supplier management.
* Technical degree preferred.
* Experience with ERP system, Oracle or similar preferred.
* Experience with PLM, Agile or similar preferred.
* Security clearance or ability to obtain and maintain one.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity