Materials Control Clerk II 5/6/2020
Buffalo Grove, IL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY PURPOSE STATEMENT: To monitor and control WOs also account for all the materials on the Manufacturing floor.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Assist with the control and management of WIP inventory and locations to reduce inventory costs, while increasing inventory accuracy, flexibility, and integrity.
* Maintain the following WIP inventory locations: floor stock (FS), line side (LS), Kan Ban, Service and any other location(s) directly related to the production floor.
* Receipt and close open WOs to ensure WO integrity, verify material usage and accurate reflect inventory levels.
* Monitor and follow-through on daily ECN/BOM changes, for open WOs to update inventory requirements and ensure proper/timely disposition of inventory.
* Oversee the manufacturing material process for component issues on open WOs to increase Manufacturing efficiencies and optimizing Purchasing efforts.
* Perform WIP cycle counts.
* Run reports as needed.
* Resolve daily discrepancies and problems to increase inventory accuracy and integrity.
* Update WOs when there is a WO to WO transfer to ensure accuracy.
* Complete appropriate transactions to maintain inventory integrity and resolve discrepancies.
* Communicate with Manufacturing in resolving Aging WO material issues/problems.
* Complete daily WO receipt transactions and researching problems to ensure WO integrity.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (estimated 10%).
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School Diploma is required; an Associate s degree is preferred.
* Three (3) years of related experience is required; Three (3) or more years of related experience is preferred.
* Membership or certification in a professional materials organization such as APICS is preferred.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Organizational skills, problem solving skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude.
* Literacy of computer packages such as Microsoft Office, JDE, and WMS.
* General office equipment and materials.
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S. persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..