Materials Handler I - Forklift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 12/12/2019
END DATE 1/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONEmployment Type: Full-time
Hour per Week: 40 plus overtime as needed
Shift/Schedule: 5:30am to 3:30pm; Monday-Thursday
Starting Wage: $13.00/hour after 90 days, $12.50/hour on day one
* Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
* Paid Time-Off Plans (Vacation Days, Sick Time, Holidays)
* 401K Immediately Vested with 4% Company Match
* Company Provided Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Plans
* Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,250 Annually
* Free On-Site Nurse and Wellness Coach
Founded in the heart of the Fox Valley, we ve been partnering with leading global companies to deliver engineering and manufacturing solutions for nearly forty years. Our teams collaborate with our customers and innovate to bring ideas to life.
This position is in the warehouse, deploying parts to production and will drive forklift.
What You ll Get From Us:
* Clean & Bright Temperature Controlled Manufacturing Facility
* Exposure to New Technology and a Variety of Fascinating Products
* Advancement Opportunities
* Weekly Paycheck
* Onsite Food Vendors
* Employee Engagement Activities
What We Need From You:
* High School Diploma or Equivalent
* Basic Computer Skills
* Positive Attitude
* Ability to be a Team Player
* Attention to Detail
* Strong Communication
* Continuous Improvement Minded
* Quality Focused
* Meet ITAR Requirements (see below)
Join our team. Build the future.
PURPOSE STATEMENT: Material Handlers are responsible for performing site warehousing functions that support the overall manufacturing operations and other customer-related activities. The activities may include but are not limited to receiving, kitting, cycle counting, shipping, etc.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES:
* Adapts to changes (work plan, priority and management decision) in the work environment.
* Supports improvement initiatives and participates actively to improve work environment (example 5S).
* Looks for opportunities to improve work productivity and efficiency.
* Able to work cooperatively in a team and cross functional team(s) as needed.
* Able to maintain a level temperament in a stressful environment.
* Openly and proactively shares information, knowledge and experience with co-workers.
* Willing to take on additional assignments.
* Competent in required job knowledge and skills to perform assigned tasks.
* Able to apply new work requirements with minimal supervision.
* Is up-to-date on all certifications and training requirements for role.
* Consistently completes assignments or work requirements on time without compromising on quality.
* Uses time effectively to manage workload/tasks.
* Individual throughput goals are met.
* Understands and follows Plexus quality policy guidelines, customer specifications and adheres to regulatory compliance.
* Monitors own work to ensure quality standard is met.
* Looks for opportunities to improve quality and eliminate waste at work.
* Delivers work in way that eliminates scrap or rework.
* Keeps supervisors informed and escalates issues when needed.
* Become trained to the area s core standards and functional specific operations before working without direct or supervisory oversight.
* Stay current on processes, procedures, standards, policies and training for assigned job and operational area.
* Operational job functions area descriptions can be found on the Site Training Matrix.
* Minimal travel may be required to meet the needs of the business (less than 1% of the time).
* Additional duties as assigned.
* A minimum of a High School diploma or is required.
* Less than One (1) year of related experience is required; One (1) or more years of related experience is preferred.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
An equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the key job accountabilities may be considered.
* Basic computer skills required
* Strong attention to detail
* Self motivated
* Ability to interpret, receive direction and apply both written and oral communication
* Flexible to quickly adapt to learning new tasks, moving to new areas to meet changing customer demands
* Flexible and able to work overtime, nights, various shifts and weekends as required
* Flexible to work in multiple areas as required
* Demonstrated competencies in: teamwork, professional demeanor, quality, job knowledge, communication, problem solving and lean principles, flexibility, attendance and timeliness
* General office equipment and materials
* Material Handling Equipment including but not limited to forklifts, pallet jacks, bar code scanners, etc.
* Able to alternate or be able to sit, stand and walk for long periods of time
* Able to lift, reach, push, pull up to 45 pounds as required
* Able and willing to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment as required for assigned area
* The work setting should consist of a manufacturing environment with suitable lighting, comfortable temperatures, and a moderate noise level.
This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not intended to capture every possible assignment the incumbent could be asked to perform.
Some offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, our company does not typically undertake sponsorship, including for H-1B, TN, and other nonimmigrant visas. Additionally, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. persons. U.S. persons are generally defined as U.S. citizens, nationals, lawful permanent residents (or, green card holders), individuals granted asylum, and individuals admitted as refugees..