Materials Manager - Manchester, NH 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Corporate Overview:
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Construction & Energy (HCE) focuses on products to support four business segments: Connectors, Grounding & Tooling, Gas Connectors & Accessories, Harsh & Hazardous, and Distribution. With markets in renewable energy, lighting, transportation, data center, telecom, utility, extreme environment, gas and water distribution, power generation and oil & gas, we guarantee that our products set the standards for industry solutions. Our success not only depends on our value proposition, but on the strength, knowledge and expertise of our employees.
Manchester, NH Position Overview:
Manage and oversee key aspects of sales and operations planning, demand management, and requirements planning. Develop, implement and maintain an effective stock plan to sustain and improve customer demand availability through an optimized inventory investment using the ROP planning methodology within SAP. Develop data tools/analytics that drive the Supply Chain current and future state results. Effectively Manages the E&O Process. Duties and Responsibilities:
* Drive rapid, significant and sustainable improvement in inventory accuracy, on time delivery, lot size, lead times and purchase pricing.
* Develop and execute a materials strategy that supports the division's overall market driven business strategy. Specifically, lead expansion of highly successful point of impact inventory management and delivery modes.
* Lead regular strategy deployment and KPI reviews for the materials team ensuring attainment of results and a sense of urgency with respect to the strategic implementation priorities (Lead Time, ABC, DIOH, OTD, and Availability…)
* Passionately drive continuous improvement culture while implementing the strategic roadmap to achieve breakthrough performance in working capital, quality, delivery, cost and growth.
* Build an outstanding team and evolve the organizational structure, as needed, in order to meet and exceed objectives.
* Ensure key materials metrics (Inventory, Supplier Delivery Performance, Plant Fill Rates, and Supplier Quality) and key performance indicator systems are consistently tracking the appropriate measures and driving appropriate response behaviors.
* Periodically present plans and actual results, as well as strategy deployment and KPI progress. Take aggressive action to drive financial performance in the areas of inventory levels, purchase price, vendor management, daily purchasing.
* Partner with functional leaders to coordinate materials functions with manufacturing, sales, marketing, design engineering and other departments.
* Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer driven priorities.
* Partner with Management to ensure the best possible delivery and customer satisfaction.
* Play an active and significant role in the S&OP (Demand, Supply, and Visibility) process.
* Establishes procedures and supervises the annual physical inventory.
* Continually benchmark best practices and implement as appropriate.
Skills and Experience:
* A Bachelor's degree (B. A.or B.S) from four-year college or university; or five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* APICS Certification is cruitial for this role.
* Knowledge of SAP, Kinaxis, Business Objects, and web application development/deployment/utilization a plus.
* Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communications skills.
* Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, e-mail and other PC application skills.
* Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Project Management: Develops project plans; Coordinates projects; Communicates changes and progress; Completes projects on time and budget; Manages project team activities.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.