MBT PM Field Service Engineer, Southwest - Entry-level 6/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW
As one of the world s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life. We ve been driving innovation in analytical instrumentation for 50 years now. Today, worldwide more than 6,000 employees are working on this permanent challenge, at over 70 locations on all continents.
We have a MBT PM Field Service Engineer position available in one of the following locations:
Las Vegas, NV
Los Angelas, CA
San Diego, CA
* Performs Preventive Maintenance (PM) and basic services on our MALDI Biotyper Systems. Preventive Maintenance involves verification of system performance, execution of detailed preventive maintenance protocols and final verification that the MALDI Biotyper application performs to Bruker specification. Preventive Maintenance also includes running complex organic and biochemical compounds that verify system performance.
* Basic troubleshooting on-site using Digital Volt Meter (DVM) or via remote diagnostic software to independently determine whether an onsite visit is required.
* Re-qualify the instrument after service repair by executing Operational and Performance protocols including running complex compounds for verification.
* Makes travel arrangements and generates individual expense report.
* Secures customer s acceptance of the Preventive Maintenance or repair.
* Coordinates customer WebEx Sessions, phone support, and lab facility inspection.
* Required to attend certified MALDI Biotyper product training in German factory.
* Communicates/works closely with service/support centers.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
* B.S., A.S or certificate program in electrical engineering, electronics, biotech or chemistry related fields or equivalent experience.
* Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electro-mechanical and/or electronic equipment.
* Working knowledge of MS Office products
* Basic understanding of network interfacing
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Driver s license
Other Skills and Abilities:
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
* General understanding of analog electronics, high voltage circuitry/circuits, laser technology, and high vacuum systems.
* Customer focus and interaction and ability to interact and communicate with scientists who typically possess a Ph.D. (or Master s Degree) in Biochemistry, Biophysics or Microbiology.
* Strong organizational and prioritizing skills.
* Ability to work independently yet has a team focus.
* Must be responsive and reliable.
* Ability to travel on a routine basis and maintain a current Passport/ VISA as required for international travel.
* Occasional lifting of up to 50 pounds
* Able to manipulate small hand tools
Bruker Corporation offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), paid vacation, holidays, and tuition assistance (as applicable).
Bruker is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Certain positions at Bruker require compliance with export control laws and as a result, all interviewed candidates for all positions will be screened pre-interview to determine their eligibility in light of export control restrictions.