Mechanic- Grandview (WA, Grandview)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 7/21/2020
END DATE 9/19/2020
Baker Commodities, Inc.
About the Organization Baker Commodities Inc. has been in business for over 80 years. We are a privately owned company with manufacturing facilities strategically located within the United States providing quality products and services worldwide. Much of our success is due to our outstanding employees. Through their careful attention to quality, service, innovation and integrity, we will continue to be one of the world's premier rendering companies.
Location Grandview, WA
Job Purpose: Safely and efficiently diagnose, adjust, repair, or overhaul trucks, or maintain and repair any type of diesel engines. (Includes mechanics working primarily with heavy diesel engines). Requires following safe work practices including but not limited to, hazardous materials, lock out tag out, confined space entry, ladder and climbing safety and hot work.
* Arc weld and MIG weld on metals including mild steel, stainless steel and aluminum
* Fabricate hydraulic hoses
* Assist with daily vehicle inspections
* Perform annual DOT inspection of equipment
* Lube, Oil and filter preventative maintenance
* Repair and/or replacement of the following: engine system, transmission system, clutch system, air brake system, wheel end assembly, suspension system, cooling system, coupling system, charging system and light system
* Clean/wash work areas, machines, and equipment with shop air, broom, mop, and industrial water hose
* Detail wash parts with industrial steam cleaner machine
* Will work with vehicle chemicals such as diesel, gasoline, propane, engine oil, coolant, hydraulic oil and related solvents
* Will work with corrosive chemicals such as caustic and sulfuric acids on occasion
* Interact with others in a professional and ethical manner
* Follow department and company procedures
* Keep up regular attendance and punctuality; regular attendance and punctuality are essential for the smooth operation of this company
* Other duties as assigned
* Must have minimum two years of experience working in an enclosed garage
* Must have own tools
* Must be able to interact with drivers and supervisors in a professional and ethical manner while following the principals of good safety
* Speak effectively, write clearly and follow directions
* Must have a valid Class A Commercial Driver s License
* Must be certified for air brake system repairs to include ABS systems
* Must have high school diploma or equivalent, ability to lift at least 70 pounds
* Must be able to physically climb, crawl, and maneuver in and around vehicles in a safe manner
* Must have reasonable knowledge of computers and able to navigate Windows operating system
* Must be able to operate forklift
Benefits Medical, dental and vision coverage offered; 401(k) With Employer Contribution; Paid holidays; Paid vacation and sick time; Company sponsored life insuranceCompany sponsored short and long-term disability
Open Date 7/20/2020
EOE Statement We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Company ID Baker Commodities
This position is currently accepting applications.