Mechanical Engineer Cooper Lighting Solutions
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 4/8/2020
END DATE 4/21/2020
Signify North America Corporation
Peachtree City, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONWE ARE
Cooper Lighting Solutions. We build forward-thinking lighting solutions that make people s lives safer, while making buildings, homes and cities smarter and more sustainable. We deliver an industry-leading portfolio of indoor and outdoor lighting, lighting controls and smart lighting systems.
Cooper Lighting Solutions is a business unit of Signify, the world leader in lighting. Together we have a shared purpose to unlock the extraordinary potential of light for brighter lives and a better world.
Working as a Services Manager at Cooper Lighting Solutions is dynamic. You ll be responsible for the overall mechanical design of engineered to order (ETO) products. This will include component design, structural and thermal analysis, and bill of material for custom products.
WHAT YOU LL DO
* Coordinate with Marketing and Quotes to ensure project specifications are clear, complete, and achievable and are consistent with Voice of the Customer data.
* Ensure design progression via three-dimensional modeling, thermal and mechanical analysis, drawing release, testing plan and third-party compliance.
* Ensure project tooling budget and product cost requirements are being met.
* Coordinate with Sourcing personnel to ensure vendors are identified, quotations are being obtained and quality documents are being supplied.
* Coordinate with manufacturing personnel to ensure production site has been identified, production equipment and other requirements are being put in place and production readiness is achieved.
WHAT YOU LL NEED
* Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited institution
* Some experience and demonstrated knowledge with 3-D modeling software, preferably Solidworks
* Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship needed now and within the future
* Minimum of 2 years mechanical product design experience
* Working knowledge of LED product design including understanding of electrical parameters and thermal behaviors
* Basic understanding of electrical engineering principles
* Knowledge of third party certification standards
ABOUT COOPER LIGHTING SOLUTIONS
We question, we seek, and we solve. Because building a better world means asking tough questions and pushing harder for answers. Together with our customers, we create solutions that build a better world. At Cooper Lighting Solutions, we push past the ordinary to build brighter.
WHAT WE PROMISE
We re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team.
Concerning US based roles: Signify is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status. As an equal opportunity employer, Signify is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact 888-367-7223, option 5, for assistance.