Mechanical Engineer (Federal) 10/18/2019
Louis Berger Services, Inc.
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY # of Openings
Louis Berger, a WSP company, has an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Engineer to join its Federal Program & Logistics team. The Mechanical Engineer will directly support Louis Berger, a WSP company, through the following responsibilities:
* Performance of mechanical engineering design and production support from project inception through construction
* Provide technical leadership/mentorship to junior engineers/designers
* Review other mechanical engineers' work for code compliance and constructability.
* Estimate design effort and assist in negotiations with Architectural-Engineering firms and General Contractors.
* Address contractor submittals and requests for information (RFI's).
The successful candidate will have the following:
* At least ten years of experience as a mechanical engineer working on facilities/building projects
* A Bachelor s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or a related field
* 7+ years of experience
* Familiarity with Department of Defense projects (USACE/NAVFAC)
* Comfortable traveling domestically as well as internationally.
* An active Secret clearance or CAC
* Familiarity with both Design-Bid-Build and Design-Build delivery methods for projects
* Professional Engineering license preferred