Mechanical Engineer - Industrial Market 6/5/2020
Gresham Smith & Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Our agile industrial team specializes in designing efficient facilities that optimize our clients bottom line.
We are seeking a Mechanical Engineer for Nashville, TN, Charlotte, NC or Knoxville, TN office location.
* Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate mechanical design utilizing Revit Mechanical.
* Provide mechanical design development and support for utility piping for major phases of large industrial projects.
* Design and produce conceptual plans, engineering drawings and instructions based on engineering calculations provided by engineering team
* Check, interpret and modify engineering drawings according to established standards.
* Conceive, plan and conduct research in complex problem areas.
* Develop solutions to technical problems.
* Collaborate with other design professionals and be capable of conducting field investigations as necessary.
* Utilize theoretical and practical engineering knowledge applicable to drafting and design.
* Bachelor s degree in Industrial, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering
* Minimum of 6 years experience with industrial projects with a consulting or A/E firm
* Professional Engineer licensure (P.E.) is required
* Knowledge of engineering and architectural principles, practices and techniques.
* Knowledge of PFD's, P&ID's, codes and regulations is required.
* Knowledge and skill in REVIT techniques and principles is desired.
* Skilled with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word and Excel.
* Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
* Strong team player
* Must have a strong attention to detail.
* Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
* Ability to build and maintain excellent interpersonal relationships.
Gresham Smith is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law.
Gresham Smith will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. An executed GRESHAM PLACEMENT SERVICES AGREEMENT (PSA) is required prior to any payment obligation for either a referral or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously executed PSA, GRESHAM SMITH explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to GRESHAM SMITH S hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of GRESHAM SMITH upon receipt.