Mechanical Engineer - Versatile Test Reactor (VTR) 9/13/2020
Idaho National Laboratory
Idaho Falls, ID
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Mechanical Engineer - Versatile Test Reactor (VTR)-(14876)
ORGANIZATION: Versatile Test Reactor (VTR)
WORK LOCATION: Idaho Falls, ID (9x80s schedule)
INL s VTR division provides a platform to accelerate nuclear technology development for today s light water reactors and tomorrow s advanced reactors.
This role will perform design engineering functions and system engineering functions during the VTR design and operational phases.
RESPONSIBILITIES * During the design phase of the VTR, the Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that mechanical systems are designed to meet the VTR requirements including applicable industry standards and Regulations.
* This role will perform traditional mechanical engineering design functions including reviewing design deliverables, performing evaluations, interfacing with the EPC design team, developing test plans and procedures, identifying acceptance criteria, and ensuring the correct operating experience and standards are used to design the plant.
* The Mechanical Engineer will work closely with the EPC designers and constructors to ensure the VTR is delivered with quality and on schedule.
* This position will have system engineering and equipment reliability responsibilities and be responsible for equipment classification, developing maintenance strategies and procedures, developing asset management plans, develop and execute performance monitoring plans, perform causal evaluations, and troubleshooting of mechanical equipment issues. System engineering functions are aligned to industry standard equipment reliability models used in the nuclear industry.
* Following commissioning and during plant operations, the engineer will have full design engineering responsibility for mechanical systems associated with the VTR including administrative buildings and other mechanical systems on VTR grounds.
* A minimum of 4 years shall be in mechanical design engineering roles at a nuclear facility.
* Experience in both design and system engineering is preferred.
* Must be eligible to obtain a Department of Energy (DOE) L clearance; therefore, US citizenship is required.
INL is a science-based, applied engineering national laboratory dedicated to supporting the U.S. Department of Energy s mission in nuclear energy research, science, and national defense. With more than 5,000 scientists, researchers, and support staff, the laboratory works with national and international governments, universities and industry partners to discover new science and development technologies that underpin the nation s nuclear and renewable energy, national security, and environmental missions.
Our mission is to discover, demonstrate and secure innovative nuclear energy solutions, other clean energy options and critical infrastructure.
Our vision is to change the world s energy future and secure our nation s critical infrastructure.
SELECTIVE SERVICE REQUIREMENTS
To be eligible for employment at INL males born after December 31, 1959 must have registered with the Selective Service System (SSS). For more information see www.sss.gov.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Idaho National Laboratory (INL) is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of INL to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.
When applying to positions please provide a resume and answer all questions on the following screens. Applicants, who fail to provide a resume or answer the questions, may be deemed ineligible for consideration.
BENEFITS, SALARY, AND RELOCATION
We have an extremely competitive salary structure, robust relocation package, and phenomenal benefits. For more information, please visit: .