Mechanical Engineering Project Manager 5/4/2019
Butler America Aerospace L.L.C.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MECHANICAL ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
LOCATION: EVENDALE, OH
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology.
Test Facilities Infrastructure Engineering (TFIE) is a group of Mechanical, Civil, and Electrical Engineers whose mission is to provide engineering services for design and build-up of test infrastructure systems in support of the engineering initiatives. TFIE integrates test cell systems capabilities to the test article while striving to exceed customer expectations. Test sites supported include all development engine and component test cells in Evendale, Peebles, and Winnipeg. TFIE also has engineering responsibility for all production and services engine test cells around the world.
The Mechanical Engineering Project Manager will focus on leading projects that require mechanical engineering acumen within the TFIE group.
1) Lead the design and installation of hydraulic, fuel, lube, and compressed air piping systems from a mechanical engineering perspective. This includes leading the specification and selection of fluid flow components such as pumps, valves, filters, and heat exchangers.
2) Lead the definition and manage the installation of vendor-provided mechanical systems including hoists, ventilation, fire protection, compressors, and pumps.
3) Lead the design of piping systems in accordance with ASME B31.1 (Code for Pressure Power Piping) and B31.3 (Code for Pressure Process Piping)
4) Write design, construction, and procurement specifications, obtain budgetary quotes, and then implement the project once approved.
5) Direct a team of architects, engineers, outside contractors, and internal GE labor to complete the mission.
6) Lead the analysis of designs using FEA, Dynamic Analysis, Ansys, Caesar, heat transfer analysis, or other analysis packages
7) Insure that action Items from Design Reviews are closed within the specified time
8) Lead Design Reviews on assigned projects
9) Contribute to the tech community regularly
10) Lead projects with little direction
1) BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering
2) 3-5 years engineering project management experience
1) Demonstrated ability to work effectively across functional boundaries
2) Strong ability to work as part of a team
3) Strong energy level and self-directed
- Will need to travel to Peebles, OH once a week
- Must be proficient in MS Office
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.