Mechanical Engineering Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 11/20/2018
END DATE 1/28/2020
Responsible for managing the engineering and construction activities necessary to plan, design, license, construct and start-up new power plants. Manages projects from original concept through final implementation and is responsible for administrative/operational/technical leadership of the project(s) including managing of budget.
Defines project scope and objectives. Assembles project teams, assigns individual responsibilities, develops project schedules and is responsible for determining and acquiring resources needed. Must be familiar with the entire scope and requirements of the project(s) and serves as liaison between team members and functional area management requesting project. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables.
Recommends and takes action to direct the analysis and solutions of problems. Responsibilities may include contracts, supply chain, quality assurance, government relations, public relations, etc. May identify, evaluate and hire outside contractors as needed throughout all phases of development, and coordinate with internal technical functions.
May supervise and coordinate the engineering and construction, audit, and contract groups associated with assigned project. Complexity and scope of project varies based on level of experience.
* Comprehensive knowledge.
* Seasoned professional with advanced applied experience.
* Applies advanced skills contributing to knowledge areas within function, but not yet an expert in all.
* Oversees larger and more highly complex projects or high risk/high visibility projects.
* Makes recommendations on moderately complex issues regarding project components and tasks.
* May make recommendations on new processes, tools and services; supports and contributes to development of new products, services or techniques.
* Works on problems of diverse scope ranging from moderate to complex.
* Uses independent judgment requiring in-depth analysis of variable factors. Collaborates with senior professionals in selection of methods, techniques, and analytical approach
* Little instruction on day-to-day work, general instructions on new assignments.
* Serves as project/technical lead on small to medium sized projects; may coordinate work of professionals, technicians and others outside of own department.
* This is the most senior skill level without moving to the management or specialist track.
* Resource integrator builds professional networks and identifies and connects resources to achieve goals. Regularly contributes actionable ideas in brainstorming and planning sessions.
* Bachelor s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management.
* Seasoned professional; typically requires 8+ years experience managing medium sized projects of moderate risk.
* Advanced knowledge of a wide variety of project management tools, processes and methods; prefer project management certification
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm