Mechanical Technician 8/19/2020
Energy Transfer Partners
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY:
The Mechanical Technician A will be responsible for a variety of work assignments at the Nederland Terminal that involve maintaining mechanical equipment in good working order.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The essential job duties for this position are listed below:
* Maintain mechanical equipment in good working order.
* Tasks include, but are not limited to: Problem diagnosis, repair, replacement, calibration, inspection, testing and overhaul of various types of equipment in petroleum products or liquefied petroleum gas service.
* Typical equipment includes, but is not limited to: pumps, motors, valves, valve actuators, tanks, loading arms, dock equipment, flares, meters, provers, piping, flanges, control systems, protective devices, compressors, cooling towers, samplers and generators.
* This role is also responsible for preventative maintenance and replacement of various types of mechanical equipment and accessories.
* Perform Department of Transportation (DOT) required equipment inspection, repair and replacement duties as required.
* Responsible to maintain proper records.
* Exhibit professionalism and perform all duties in a safe and proficient manner consistent with policies and procedures.
* This position may be required to participate in emergency response activities as necessary.
The described job duties are a framework in which work will be assigned. This description is not inclusive of all responsibilities or job assignments. This position will require extended off-hour duties at times.
* This position is subject to call out and will be required to carry a cell phone
* Must live within a commutable distance of the Nederland Terminal
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
* High school diploma or equivalent
* Minimum 5 years mechanical repair experience
* Experience maintaining petroleum industry equipment required
* Must have excellent troubleshooting skills
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
* Strong planning and organizational skills as well as strong work ethic
* Good judgment and decision-making skills
* Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal and electronic communication skills
* Requires climbing, walking, sitting, bending and stooping
* Must be able to communicate clearly with telephone and radio
* Must be able work in severe weather conditions
* Must have the ability to lift 50 pounds regularly and 100 pounds occasionally
* Must have the ability stand for long periods of time, climb ladders, and maneuver in small spaces
* Experience with compressors and refrigeration systems a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Driving, walking, and standing frequently
* Exposure to adverse weather, cramped conditions and some heavy lifting
* Visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment
* Employees will be expected to work either five eight-hour days, four ten-hour days, or a 12 hour rotating shift, at management s discretion.
* Call-out work may be deemed mandatory. Call-outs may occur during any day of the week and at any time.
* Vacation relief coverage as deemed necessary
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet