Medical Assistant - Certified, Rheumatology 5/2/2020
Waldo County General Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY
* Position Summary
* The Medical Assistant (MA) is assigned duties and responsibilities related to patient care in a team-based environment. The MA will assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, including administrative support, while promoting a smooth flow of patients through the office and helping to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. The Medical Assistant must demonstrate competency in all skills related to the performance of patient care within their scope of practice and according to organizational policies, accrediting and licensing bodies.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: Completes continuing education and/or successfully completes re-certification exam as required to maintain Certification. Successfully completes WCHC's annual education and competency requirements.
* License/Certifications: Current CNA certificate or MA certification through an NCCA accredited program preferred.
* Experience: At least 1 year's experience as Medical Assistant and National Healthcare Association Clinical Medical Assistant Certification, American Medical Technology's Registered Medical Assistant, or current AAMA Certification (Certification required as per CMS credentialed Medical Assistant ruling.).
* Demonstrated knowledge of medical office procedures.
* Knowledge of medical terminology.
* Demonstrated knowledge of computer systems, and applications with necessary typing or computer skills.
* Current employees who have completed probationary period: Meets or exceeds skills as measured on annual performance appraisal and bi-annual competency assessment, no verbal warnings within past 6 months, no written disciplinary actions within past year.
* Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; ability to write simple correspondence; ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
* Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers; ability to perform operations using units of American money and weight measurements, volume and distance.
* Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists; ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.