Medical Assistant-Correctional Health 6/5/2020
Parkland Health and Hospital System
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Interested in a career with both meaning and growth? Whether your abilities are in direct patient care or one of the many other areas of healthcare administration and support, everyone at Parkland works together to fulfill our mission: the health and well-being of individuals and communities entrusted to our care. By joining Parkland, you become part of a diverse healthcare legacy that s served our community for more than 125 years. Put your skills to work with us, seek opportunities to learn and join a talented team where patient care is more than a job. It s our passion.
Performs specified patient care activities to assigned patient population under the direction of the Nurse Manager and Healthcare Provider and is committed to the provision of patient centered/patient valued care.
- Must have completed training through an accredited Medical Assistant training program.
- Must have a current Heartsaver CPR course completion card within 90 days of hire and/or placement in job from one of the following:
* American Heart Association
* American Red Cross Rescuer
* Military Training Network.
- Medical Assistant Certification preferred.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must pass the Medical Assistant Examination prior to employment with a minimum score of 83%.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic patient skills and skill in the use of supplies and assigned equipment.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with patients, families, and PHHS staff.
- Must be able to demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
PARKLAND HEALTH AND HOSPITAL SYSTEM PROHIBITS DISCRIMINATION BASED ON AGE (40 OR OVER), RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX (INCLUDING PREGNANCY), SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, GENETIC INFORMATION, DISABILITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, MARITAL STATUS, POLITICAL BELIEF, OR VETERAN STATUS.