Medical Assistant II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/3/2020
END DATE 8/12/2020
Massachusetts General Hospital(MGH)
JOB DESCRIPTIONGENERAL SUMMARY/ OVERVIEW STATEMENT:
Under the direction of a registered nurse, the Medical Assistant is responsible for assisting physicians, nurse practitioners and nurses with evaluation, management, and treatment of patients during office visits, procedures and other tasks related to the visit/procedure consistent with his/her training and skills. His/her primary roles are to assure efficient patient flow through the unit, to maintain neat, clean and safe patient care areas, and to promote patient satisfaction by interacting with patients in a professional, friendly manner consistent with their needs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Responsible for assisting physician/nurse in all PSPU procedures (flexible bronchoscopy, thoracentesis, ICU procedures, and others). This includes patient preparation and positioning, equipment set up, intra-procedure patient monitoring and post-procedure care.
* Escort patients to exam rooms, obtain vital signs, draw blood, and perform EKG on clinic patients
Maintain and troubleshoot all equipment, main point of contact
* Arrange and coordinate all equipment preventative maintenance
* Monitor the care of equipment, instruments, and supplies
* Handle all bronchoscope related issues ie: send out scopes for repair and obtain loaners, pick up clean scopes, ensure all scopes are barcoded
* Perform cleaning and high level disinfection (HLD) of all necessary equipment
* Coordinate sterilization of equipment
* Monitor and maintain emergency carts in the ICUs
* Maintain appropriate scope washing compliance and infection control measures
* Perform phlebotomy and EKGs as needed on clinic patients
* Maintain supply inventory list and order all supplies for the unit
* Maintain annual competencies including those in sterile technique and HLD
* Staff clinic front desk when requested
* Perform miscellaneous tasks to help maintain an efficient workflow throughout the unit.
* Phlebotomy and EKG
* Scope cleaning
* Obtaining vital signs
* Pre-procedure set-up and equipment preparation
* Stocking and cleaning procedure rooms
* Assists Interventional Pulmonologist/RN for the following procedures: (list)
Flexible bronchoscopy w/wo biopsies and brushings
Chest tube placement
Pleurx Catheter Placement
* Ordering all supplies for the unit via Ebuy through Peoplesoft
* Sending out scopes for repair through Olympus
Candidate must embody MGH core values, should be flexible, detail oriented, a creative problem solver, energetic, and comfortable working both independently and in a multidisciplinary team.
Candidate will be proficient in computer usage, be very comfortable with high tech equipment, and possess excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, and/or REGISTRATIONS (if applicable):
High School Diploma required
Previous Medical experience preferred.
Hospital setting, inpatients and outpatients
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.