Medical Assistant (MA) - Float Pool
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/9/2020
END DATE 3/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONSUMMARY Position Summary
* Assist providers in the care and treatment of patients, promotes a smooth flow of patients through the office and helps to create a calm, supportive atmosphere. Performs tasks as required, paying attention to detail and accuracy, conducts all interactions with patients and personnel in a courteous, respectful manner while maintaining confidentiality. The incumbent is required to conduct all job responsibilities consistent with policies, procedures, and in compliance with all applicable laws or mandates relating to patient care and activities.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* License/Certifications: Current BLS required.
* Education: Must meet one of the following requirements:
* Graduated from two year accredited vocational institution or community college in Medical Assisting; OR
* Certification with the AAMA (American Association of Medical Assistant) or registration with the AMT (American Medical Technology); OR certification with the NHA (National Healthcare Association).
* Experience: Minimum one year's experience working as a Medical Assistant in a medical office, preferred.
* Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures
* Skill in performing medical assistance tasks appropriately with ability to maintain confidentiality.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff with the ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
* Ability to organize and accomplish multiple tasks and to have the flexibility to meet changing demands on a daily basis.
* Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations
* Proficient computer skills
* Pediatric practice staff will be required to participate in the weekend clinic rotation.
* Ability to travel to other offices as needed.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow. Our package includes health and dental insurances, paid parental leave, retirement program, generous paid time off, and much more! Our comprehensive array of benefits are competitive, affordable, and include choices that meet specific, but ever changing, needs.
MaineHealth is a not-for-profit integrated health system consisting of eight local hospital systems, a comprehensive behavioral healthcare network, diagnostic services, home health agencies, and over 19,000 employees. It is the largest health system in northern New England and provides preventive care, diagnosis and treatment to 1.1 million residents in Maine and New Hampshire.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations, you ll be working with healthcare professionals that truly value the people around them both within the walls of the organization and the neighborhoods that surround it. We are deeply invested in the wellbeing of our communities and employees. We believe in fostering a work environment of strong commitment, compassionate caring and continuous improvement. Our care and the science behind that care is top rate. Join us and your abilities will be challenged and enhanced as you take your career to another level.
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.