This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 6/5/2020
END DATE 8/4/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Title = Insurance Follow-Up Specialist
Location = Elmhurst, IL
Department = Billing Department
Hours and dates = 8:00 am - 5:00 pm (Monday - Friday)
Pay Rate = $16 - $17
Position Summary =
Responsible for billing claims to the appropriate payor and following up on unpaid claims
Essential Duties & Responsibilities =
* Verifies insurance eligibility
* Enters pertinent data elements into the billing system, and submits claims to the proper payor
* Follows up with payors on unpaid claims, and takes action to correct issues delaying payment
* Requests authorizations required for claims processing
* Demonstrates knowledge and compliance with insurance local state and federal regulations related to ambulance billing
* Processes correspondence with adherence to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) guidelines
* Minimum High School Diploma or equivalency
* Typing of at least 40 WPM
* Healthcare, medical terminology and third-party payer knowledge preferred
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
* Ability to multitask in a fast-paced dynamic environment
* Maintain a positive and professional attitude at all times
* Strong skills with MS office and windows applications
* Proficient personal computer skills
* Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
About Advanced Resources
Advanced Resources is a talent solutions organization headquartered in Chicago providing staffing, consulting, and workforce solutions nationwide. Our goal is to help people move their careers forward and help businesses solve their most complex challenges. Thanks to our commitment to providing an exceptional experience for both our clients and talent, we are a perennial winner of the prestigious Best of Staffing(R) Diamond Award. By placing our team, clients, and talent first, every day we make a difference.
Advanced Resources is part of the Advanced Group, a talent acquisition and management, consulting, outsourcing, and professional services organization.
It is Advanced Group's practice not to discriminate against any employee or applicant because of sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or sexual preference, pregnancy or maternity, genetic information, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you have a disability or handicap and would like us to accommodate you in any reasonable way, please inform your recruiter so that we can discuss the appropriate alternatives available.