Medical Clerk - Bowling Green, KY VA Clinic 6/5/2020
Bowling Green, KY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY This posting is for a future position. No current opening available. STG International (STGi) is currently seeking a Medical Support Assistant to provide services at our Community Based Outpatient Clinic. The general duty of the Medical Support Assistant is to provide clerical and administrative support for the Community Based Outpatient Clinic (CBOC). Responsibilities would include:
* Manages the schedules and treatment of CBOC patients.
* Maintains electronic logs/files in conjunction with the consult/appointment process.
* Greets and checks in patients, updating records as necessary.
* Coordinates patients' schedules and clinic flow.
* Performs clerical and administrative functions to maintain patient data.
* Schedules new and established patient appointments.
* Tracks and facilitates completion of encounters and consults.
* Participates in PACT team huddles and team meetings to manage and plan patient care.
* Monitors pre-appointment requirements to assure readiness for patient visit/procedure (e.g., X-ray, lab work).
* Manages electronic wait list to verify and validate accuracy and resolve issues.
* Performs administrative follow up actions.
* Participates in and independently follows up on team huddles by sharing information and collaborating with the medical team to assure continuity of care.
* Evaluates patient information and clinic schedule lists to determine whether patient is vested.
* Gathers information and collects/compiles data to meet the needs of the service.
* Deals effectively with individuals who may be ill, irritable, or otherwise hard to please.
* Maintains alertness to patients requiring immediate treatment.
* Extends a high degree of customer service to patients, other contractor staff, Subcontractor(s) staff and personnel, and Veterans Affairs Medical Center (VAMC).
* Conducts initial screen of patients, including veteran eligibility and active enrollment in the VA Primary Care Program.
* Verifies that required appropriate individual has completed CBOC/VA paper work.
* Schedules and notifies patients of follow-up appointments/referrals.
* Assists in the coordination of supplies/equipment.
* Assists in maintaining the Veteran Health Information Systems and Technology Architecture (VISTA) clinic reminder tracking system current for each enrolled patient.
* Assists the CBOC Clinic Manager in ensuring that all required reports are completed in an accurate and complete fashion.
* Acts as a liaison between contractor and the VAMC.
* Participates in the ongoing Performance Improvement Program between STGi and VAMC.
* Complies with all federal, state, local, Joint Commission, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Veteran Affairs, STG and subcontractor safety and operational regulations, directives and standards.
* Maintains confidentiality of all information and support patients privacy, patients rights, and safety.
* Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
As an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, STGi is committed to providing equal employment in the employment and advancement for all persons regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as protected veterans and persons with disabilities at all levels of employment, including the executive level.
For more details, please visit : http://www.stginternational.com/stg2/pages/Careers.asp.