Medical Lab Assistant I / Phlebotomist 5/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovated laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you!
NorDx's Maine Medical Center lab is located in Maine's only Level One Trauma Center and MMC was recently named by US News & World Report as the best hospital in Maine. Here Phlebotomists have the opportunity to work in a fast paced, exciting enviroment and be exposed to unique cases and the most cutting edge techniques and equipment.
As part of our Commuter Choice Program we offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM. Our program is designed to support employee transportation needs, reduce traffic congestion, and improve air quality in the great Portland region!
$2000 SIGN ON BONUS FOR THOSE WITH AT LEAST ONE YEAR OF PHLEBOTOMY EXPERIENCE!!
HOURLY DIFFENTIALS FOR 2ND SHIFT!
* Position Summary
* Represents organization in all patient settings serving as a liaison. Performs key pre-analytical functions such as specimen collection, phlebotomy, specimen processing, and order entry.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: High School Diploma/GED.
* License/Certifications: PBT/MLA preferred. Acceptable certification agencies: ASCP, AMT, NHA.
* Experience: Must have technical training as a Phlebotomist (through NorDx Phlebotomy School or equivalent program).
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.