Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) 9/13/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY WE ARE HIRING
Medical Lab Scientist (MLS) - Lab Microbiology
Part-Time Evenings - 20 hours weekly
Ascension Columbia St. Mary's Hospital - Milwaukee,WI
WHY JOIN ASCENSION?
Ascension Wisconsin operates 24 hospital campuses and more than 100 related healthcare facilities from Racine to Eagle River. Ascension Wisconsin employs more than 1,300 primary and specialty care clinicians. Ascension Wisconsin is a faith-based healthcare organization that has been serving the state since 1848. In FY2018, Ascension Wisconsin provided more than $292 million in community benefit, including care of persons living in poverty.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. In FY2019, Ascension provided $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes more than 150,000 associates and 40,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care including 150 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities in 20 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including clinical and network services, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, risk management, and contracting through Ascension s own group purchasing organization.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
* Performs, validates, interprets, documents and reports laboratory test results. May collect and process specimens.
* Performs instrument maintenance and troubleshooting. Executes and evaluates quality control and quality assurance procedures. Documents and reports as required by regulatory agencies.
* Understands and participates in all aspects of clinical laboratory testing; pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical. Anticipates and maintains required supplies for uninterrupted testing.
* Assists with data collection or special projects as assigned.
* Assists in documentation, evaluation and submission of all required laboratory, departmental and staffstatistics/reports.
* Assists in training and mentoring MLTs, new associates and students.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
* Required Credential(s):
* One or more of the following:
* Medical Technologist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Lab Scientist (ASCP) credentialed from the American Society for Clinical Pathology Board of Certification (ASCP-BOC) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Medical Technologists (AMT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Tech credentialed from the American Board of Bioanalysis (AAB) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
Bachelor s degree in medical technology, medical laboratory scientist, human sciences or education qualifications as stated per CLIA requirements.
* None required.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Ascension Wisconsin is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against employees or prospective employees on basis of age, race, creed, color, religion, marital status, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, disability, arrest and/or conviction record, military status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic or status protected by law.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the EEO is the Law poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement