Medical Science Liaison 4/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Those who join Emergent BioSolutions feel a sense of ownership about their future. You will excel in an environment characterized by respect, innovation and growth opportunities. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect life.
Reporting to the Head of Medical Affairs, the MSL/Sr. MSL (hereafter MSL) is a field-based scientific expert responsible for building & maintaining appropriate high-level relationships with an assigned list of opinion leaders and key customer influencers (KOLs/KCIs), organizations, institutions, federal, state and local government healthcare providers, third-party payors, first responders, education, hospital, and other stake holders by bringing in medical intelligence, clinical practice, and evidence-based outcomes on the impact of NARCAN Nasal Spray. The MSL facilitates data generation, education, and scientific insights gathering activities at the direction of Medical Affairs leadership. Responding to unsolicited medical information requests in collaboration with Medical Information, and appropriate support of commercial colleagues are also part of the MSL s responsibilities.
Essential Functions, Duties and Responsibilities
* Scientific exchange with assigned KOLs/KCIs, organizational/institutional representatives, and associated personnel;
* Facilitation of disease state, product, and competitor education to internal and external customers as appropriate
* Capture, analysis, and reporting of scientific insights obtained via appropriate scientific interactions with customers and other external sources
* Facilitation of company sponsored research initiatives at the direction of Clinical Development & Medical Affairs leadership
* Facilitation of Investigator sponsored research projects as needed
* Medical Affairs/medical information staffing for medical/scientific meetings & conventions in the US and abroad as directed by Medical Affairs leadership
* Work with medical affairs leadership to establish the field team infrastructure
* Work with medical affairs leadership to develop and monitor the execution of the medical affairs field team strategic plan
Required Education & Experience
* Advanced degree (MA, MS, PhD, etc.) or equivalent in Life Sciences or in the Health Related Sciences
* Clinical/Medical Licensure (MD/DO/NP/PA/RPh) or equivalent; in a relevant clinical/scientific discipline
* Experience facilitating research projects and IME requests
* Working understanding of Pharmaceutical industry compliance and the PhRMA code
* Self-starter with a strong team orientation
* Clinical experience with opioid epidemic, especially use of emergency antidotes, strongly preferred
* 3-5 years MSL experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology or clinical research
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
* Excellent communication, presentation and time management skills required;
* Must be adaptable and able to work well within a team and relate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
* Ability to partner with key internal stakeholders to understand key objectives and to drive plans that achieve or exceed these
* 2+ years experience using standard tools of field-based employees (CRM, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Outlook, Skype for Business)
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of normal work hours, in order to meet business demands.
* Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.
* Position requires travel
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, Protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.