Medical Technologist ASCP
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/11/2020
END DATE 9/22/2020
Belton Regional Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Do you have the career opportunities as a Medical Technologist you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Belton Regional Medical Center a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
At BRMC, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
* Paid Personal Leave
* 401k (100% annual match 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
* Identity Theft Protection discounts
* Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
* Adoption Assistance
* Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our Mission and Values
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Medical Technologist where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Accurate Laboratory work is essential to ensure patients get the right diagnoses and treatments. Medical Technologist performs moderate and high complexity testing on blood and bodily fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
* Performs pre and post-analytic testing, including reporting, verification, and investigation of unexpected results
* Monitors quality control.
* Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents, as well as non-analytic equipment such as freezers and centrifuges
* Correlates abnormal data to determine validity, following up if needed with additional testing
* Participates in performance improvement activities and management of lab data
* Performs phlebotomy on pediatric, adult and geriatric patients
* Other duties as assigned
* Demonstrates working knowledge of AIDET, utilizing with each patient interaction
* Regular, reliable attendance is required to ensure the highest level of patient care
* Follows hospital safety and quality standards and expectations, as it pertains to job performance and patient care
* Behavior demonstrates understanding and adherence to Belton Regional Medical Center s ICARE values:
* Perform all daily activities with INTEGRITY
* Show COMPASSION in all interactions
* ALWAYS deliver the highest level of patient care and customer satisfaction, every time
* Exhibit RESPECT to self and others
* Work to achieve the highest standards of EXCELLENCE
* Bachelor s degree in Lab Science OR grandfathered as a Med Tech by CLIA 1988. Foreign education must have proof of US equivalency
* MT (ASCP), CLS (NCA), MLS (ASCP) or, as appropriate, BB(ASCP), C(ASCP), I (ASCP), H(ASCP), or M(ASCP) certification or equivalent required OR registry/certification eligible. Registry/certification must be obtained within 1 year of hire
* Minimum of 1 year experience in accredited lab setting preferred
Since 1984, our mission has been to provide the citizens of southern Jackson County and northern Cass counties access to important health resources. To meet the growing medical needs of our community, we underwent a $39.2 Million Dollar renovation. Today, we offer a full range of inpatient and outpatient services, Supported by our excellent staff, advanced technology, and deep relationships within our community. BRMC is a 70+ bed facility with over 300 staff members and over 260 physicians.
HCA Healthcare has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to apply for our Phlebotomist opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.