Medical Technologist II 8/23/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB OVERVIEW:
Covance Medical Technologist II (1st Monday - Friday, No Saturdays or Sundays)
Play a pivotal role in the drug development process and grow your career
Are you interested in making a real scientific impact through your everyday work? Would you enjoy working in a team-focused environment as you explore unique career opportunities?
If you are looking for a company where you can gain exposure to a wide variety of science and explore a multitude of career paths across the drug development spectrum, consider working at Covance as a Medical Technologist in our Flow Cytometry department. In this role, you will perform laboratory tests, procedures, experiments, and analysis to provide data, as specified, for required in clinical research protocols. In addition, you will monitor QC programs, review SOP s and train or mentor new employees. You will also be expected to:
* Analyze Flow Cytometry Patient and Quality Control Data
* Interaction with clients and internal stakeholders on data Troubleshooting
* Address Data Inquiries and Investigations
* Data Entry, Resulting and Release into clinical database
* Draft standard operating procedures
* Resolve technical specimen issues in preparation for analysis and specimen storage and routine and non-routine assay problems
* Ensure the validity of test results through the performance of established quality assurance and quality control procedures
* Perform experiments, as scheduled, for evaluation of new Calibrator and QC lots
* Receive, open and place in service all reagents and materials according to SOPs
* Perform testing, needed to ensure validity of material, prior to being placed into service
This position is located out of our Indianapolis, IN facility
Individual should have 5 years external clinical laboratory testing experience or 1 year of Covance Laboratory experience performing clinical laboratory testing.
Individual must qualify as testing personnel under the following CLIA 1988 and New York State Department of Health requirements:
Bachelor s degree in Medical Technology or Clinical Laboratory Science or other life science with completion of at least a 12-month training program in Medical Technology.
Bachelor s degree in a chemical, physical or biological science from an accredited college or university and one year training and/or experience in the specialty in which testing is to be performed. Such training must be equivalent to that received in a school of Medical Technology.
III. Education/Qualifications/Certifications and Licenses
90 semester hours from an accredited institution that include the following:
1) 16 semester hours of biology courses, which are pertinent to the medical sciences
2) 16 semester hours of chemistry (at least 6 semester hours of Inorganic Chemistry)
3) 3 semester hours of math
Completed an accredited clinical laboratory training program, or one year documented laboratory training or experience in the specialty that testing is to be performed.
Associate s degree in medical laboratory technology Does not apply to third shift Hematology and Auto Chemistry Safety Testing personnel.
NOTE: Technologist IIs who perform supervisory function must qualify as NYS Supervisor under Title 10 NYCRR Part 58-1.3, which includes, but is not limited to the following:
The supervisor is qualified as a medical technologist pursuant to the provisions of section 58-1.5(b) and has had at least six years of pertinent clinical laboratory experience subsequent to qualifying of which at least two years have been spent working in a clinical laboratory having a director at the doctoral level. The clinical laboratory or blood bank shall be part of a hospital, university, health department, medical research institution or other institution which provides equivalent training.
* Should have experience with analysis of flow cytometric data
* Experience in data analysis with WinList, FlowJo, FCS Express, etc. is required.
* Significant experience with Microsoft Excel is also preferred.
* It is preferred that the candidate be English-speaking.