Medical Technologist II 9/11/2020
Highlands Regional Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
SIGN ON/RELOCATION BONUS AVAILABLE!
We are seeking a hospital-based Medical Technologist II like you to join our organization.
Integrated Regional Laboratories (IRL) is a full service provider for clinical laboratory and anatomic pathology services, providing hospitals, physicians, and clients with timely diagnostic information for patient care. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
We offer you competitive salary, a generous benefit package and growth opportunities. Your benefits include 401(K), PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
* Perform accurate and timely laboratory testing
* Analyze proficiency testing samples according to instructions and complete within the allowable time frame
* Assume responsibility of the department as appropriate in the absence of the supervisor
* Complete all required records/documentation pertaining to patient results
* Perform stat procedures within established turnaround time targets
* Demonstrate the ability to use good judgment and independent thinking in the correlation and interpretation of patient results. (Including performing delta checks, etc.)
* Review pending logs (OSR) and result logs; resolve any outstanding workload or communicate to staff relief
* Perform quality control procedures per protocol
* Take pertinent corrective action when the patient, control, standard, calibration and/or proficiency results are not within appropriate guidelines
* Assist in monitoring reagents and supply inventories
* Maintain education and development appropriate for position
* Handle all problem and/or critical laboratory specimens/test results
QUALIFICATIONS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
* A 2 Year/Associate Degree is required
* A 4 Year/Bachelor's Degree in Medical Technology is preferred
* A State of Florida Technologist License is required OR the ability to obtain a license during the interview process
* A minimum 3 years of experience as a Medical Technologist
IRL is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare. HCA Healthcare Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, we have also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies.
IF YOU FIND THIS OPPORTUNITY COMPELLING, WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO APPLY TODAY. WE PROMPTLY REVIEW ALL APPLICATIONS, AND ARE ACTIVELY INTERVIEWING. WE ARE VERY EXCITED TO HEAR FROM YOU.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.