Member Service Center Associate in Des Moines, IA 6/6/2020
Des Moines, IA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MEMBER SERVICE CENTER ASSOCIATE IN DES MOINES, IA
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB
Job Title: Customer Service Rep
Reports To: Member Services Center Supervisor
Location: Des Moines
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Access2Care is a critical part of American Medical Response, the nation s leading provider of emergency and non-emergency transportation. As an experienced healthcare organization managing 8.6 million trip requests annually, we have a broad view of the healthcare landscape and leverage our experience to create leading-edge improvements in the delivery of services. Access2Care is pioneering the next generation approach to healthcare transportation to profoundly improve service delivery expectations and raise the bar for member experience.
Join Access2Care and become an integral part of serving our members and assisting them to reach their medical appointments. Access2Care provides non-emergency medical transportation services to members of health plans, healthcare facilities and government entities. The Access2Care team takes great pride in providing critical services that make a difference in the lives of those we serve.
Access2Care offers a competitive benefits package, which includes:
* Work from home opportunities
* Group healthcare plan
* 401k with matching company contribution
* Flexible Spending account
* Paid time off
* Company training
* Accelerated career advancement
* Bilingual hourly rate increase
Access2Care Customer Service Representatives are a vital part of the Access2Care team and are responsible for answering incoming calls from our clients, their members, member representatives, and medical facilities to set up transportation for medical appointments or to inquire about transportation and responding to these calls appropriately, while maintaining a professional, courteous demeanor. The Customer Service Representative will also ensure eligibility, determining transportation requirements and mode of transportation as outlined by our clients. The Customer Service Representative utilizes Access2Care s advance scheduling software to optimize the number of rides and minimize indirect routing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Answer back to back telephone calls to schedule non-emergency medical transportation.
* Maintain a professional, caring and courteous demeanor with all callers.
* Tracks specific passengers and trip progress as requested.
* Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
* High School Diploma or GED
* One year of previous customer service experience.
* Experience in a high stress and high call volume center.
* Prior dispatch/routing experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills:
* Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office software.
* Type 30 wpm.
* Multilingual capabilities a plus.
* Knowledge of medical terminology and services.
* Healthcare industry experience.
* Ability to multitask.
Global Medical Response and its family of companies including American Medical Response is an Equal Opportunity Employer including Veterans and Disabled