Mental Health Specialist 8/25/2020
Franciscan Children's Hospital
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Date Posted:
8/24/2020 Job Code:
30 Warren St City:
MA Employment Status:
Full Time Schedule:
40 hours, varies Category:
Mental Health Specialists collaborate with the clinical team to provide therapeutic care and create an environment of hope with children, teens, and families. They develop an understanding of psychiatric trauma and crisis intervention, and apply this to daily interactions in therapeutic group, school, recreational, and daily living situations within the hospital setting.
The successful candidate will interact with residents in a therapeutic manner that facilitates adaptive coping and life skills through implementation of treatment plan goals and objectives.
Shifts: 8 hour shifts (7:00am-3:30pm and 2:30pm-11pm) plus one weekend shift every week. Set schedule.
Program Overview: Franciscan Children s is A Place for Creating Hope.
* Our child/adolescent inpatient psychiatric unit and short term residential care teams provide state-of-the-art care, and access to the expertise of two of the region's foremost psychiatric and child/adolescent hospitals, McLean Hospital and Franciscan Children s.
* A nationally recognized leader in compassionate treatment for children, teens, & families in crisis.
* Work together closely in multi-disciplinary clinical team with experts in fields of psychology, psychiatry, psychiatric nursing, social work, special education
* Safe Parking - Easy Commute (near BC) - Public Transportation Access
* Highest staff to patient ratio
* Competitive Salary & Benefits
Associates degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related field preferred, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
We Provide Equal Employment Opportunity for All Employees
We believe there is strength in diversity, not only of race, gender, age, religion and disability, but also of education, family status, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and all of the other factors that make people individuals. Honoring the diversity of our community will promote and ensure the mutual respect, collaboration and productivity that is necessary to provide the highest quality health care.
For more information, please consult Franciscan Children s policy HR001 Equal Employment Opportunity.