Business Manager, Shared Services 3/27/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Description Job Summary:
The Business Manager, Shared Services is responsible for providing finance, budget, forecasting support for a shared services division, which may include cost reporting/analysis, account reconciliations, managing capital expenditures and/or project cost control. Prepares and oversees routine reporting and ad hoc queries and data extracts required for analysis to improve unit performance, operations, processes and systems; gathers historical cost data (materials, labor, depreciation, operating expenses, etc.), to compare budgets with actual expense.
Reviews annual and intermediate division budget periodically to analyze trends affecting division budget needs; develops the strategy, and provides leadership in the design, development, and implementation of standardized business planning, tracking, and reporting. Identifies, analyzes and implements enhancements to improve the financial performance of operating projects. Analyzes past and current years to prepare division budget, improve forecast accuracy, and to justify funds requested. Directs the overall development, coordination and technical direction budgeting, financial management, and ensures consistency with Calpine policy.
The Business Manager, Shared Services will also be responsible for the day to day operations and activities of assigned area(s) and ensures compliance with all corporate policies and procedures, and maintains records and files for assigned area(s) and maintains effective and cooperative working relationships within unit, with other functions inside Calpine, regulatory agencies, and the general public. Provides training to direct reports and others (as needed) to ensure appropriate management of program operations.
* Accomplishes work through others. Manages overall equipment maintenance function at assigned power plant.
* Manages employees performing related duties including full human resources, cost and budgetary accountabilities.
* Decisions typically related to resources, project approach, and tactical operations.
* Results have significant impact on costs and the achievement of function objectives or project-based goals. Assists in the development and administration of operating budgets.
* Makes decisions for large-scale projects, a closely related set of projects and initiatives involving own and possibly related functional areas.
* Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines tactical approach, resources, schedules and goals. Prepares and communicates work schedules for staff, balances workload and monitors quality of results.
* Works within general guidelines; applies advanced technical knowledge to solve moderately complex problems for a function.
* Manages multiple functions within operations the maintenance function. Regularly manages large-scale projects/activities or a very closely related set of projects/activities.
* Responsible for performance reviews, promotional decisions, and pay actions for support and professional levels. Oversees the training and development of staff, including contractors.
Requirements * Must have a thorough understanding of energy industry, experience required in financial analysis, and basic understanding of typical contractual terms in the energy industry.
* Previous work leadership or senior level contributor experience.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related discipline plus a minimum of 7 years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
* Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
* Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
* To know more about Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP, please visit http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm