Mgr., Continuous Improvement III 8/25/2020
Stone Mountain, GA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MISSION / SUMMARY:
This role functions as the \\"Voice of the Customer. Individuals assigned to this role understand and align business operations and Continuous Improvement as he/she executes their role to exceed customer expectations and align with GPI business, cultural, financial and quality objectives.
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Responsible for leading all activities and functions driven towards execution of an effective Quality System.
* Directs activities of suppliers, production, and customers to resolve quality problems and continuously improve the level of quality.
* Represents Graphic Packaging International at customer locations, evaluating and resolving technical issues.
* Provides leadership to Continuous Improvement Staff to optimize the role of CI within the plant. The CI Manager has been designated by Senior Management as the SQF Practitioner to develop, validate, verify and maintain the company's Food Packaging Safety Plan. The SQF Practitioner may engage the services of an SQF consultant to support validation and verification of SQF Programs. The CI Supervisor will cover in the absence of the CI Manager.
* Develop closed-loop quality system driven to reduce process variation and ensure plant compliance.
* Act as change agent to drive continuous improvement of production and service processes to improve quality and increase efficiency, which includes root cause analysis and problem solving.
* Develop and implement product quality plans and procedures by overseeing gauge requirements, frequency, responsibility and methods to ensure compliance to process and product specifications.
* Direct activities, duties, and projects of CI personnel.
* Lead and coordinate the Annual plant review of Safe Quality Foods (SQF) system, internal audit /schedule, and Coordinate SQF third party audits
* Other duties as assigned.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* AIB / SQF Practitioner or experience preferred.
* Prior management or supervisory experience preferred.
* Good general knowledge of printing and converting technologies preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* 3-5 years 'experience in quality, manufacturing, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Six -Sigma experience a plus.
* Bachelor's Degree preferred, Business Administration or management focused
* Trained or knowledge of SQF prerequisites including GMP, Food Defense, etc.
* Trained in SQF 2000, HACCP Certified
* Working knowledge of Statistical Process Control theories
* Experience in implementation of technical testing in production environments.
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods of time up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
Quality System Mode Responsibilities:
* Serves as the \\"Voice of the Customer\\"
* Customer Complaints
* Customer Spec Management
* Customer Provided Specs
* Outturn Distribution Lists
* Customer Specific Test Procedures
* A3 Library
* SPC (Statistical Process Control)
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.