Mgr., Finance & Planning
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 1/16/2020
END DATE 2/5/2020
West Monroe, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONGraphic Packaging International, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, citizenship, handicap, or disability, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.
Graphic Packaging Holding Company (NYSE: GPK), is a premier paperboard packaging company serving the food, beverage, foodservice and consumer product markets. We also are a leading producer of labels, bags and specialty packaging. Our packaging is used every day by many of the world's best-known brands and our growing markets include microwave packaging, heat-transfer labels and sustainable packaging.
We believe that our vision -- to provide packaging solutions that improve the world in which we live -- can be achieved by delivering true value to our customers, building a high performance culture for our employees, creating superior returns for our shareholders, and by being an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities in which we operate.
Headquartered near Atlanta, Georgia, in the U.S., Graphic Packaging has over 17,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and Asia. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry to reward the talented people who make our company successful. We invite you to review the following employment opportunity and to learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
We offer compensation and benefit programs that are among the best in the industry. With competitive base salaries, 401(k) plans and benefits offerings, we strive to reward talented people who make our company successful.
MISSION / SUMMARY: This position supports the Mill Controller and the West Monroe mill operations team. Ensure timely and accurate reporting of financial results. Provide in-depth analysis of actual and forecast/budget results, and actively engage in mill projects and day-to-day accounting functions.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Provide timely and accurate cost analysis, sound financial advice and counsel to mill management to assist in minimizing manufacturing costs and meeting mill objectives. This includes an analysis of variances from budget and forecasts.
* Assist the Controller in the preparation of the annual budget. This includes providing analysis and interpretation of financial and statistical data to operating management and by working closely with mill personnel to establish cost forecasts representing good normal operating conditions.
* Responsible for preparing monthly outlook which includes understanding key issues within the mill and how they affect financial performance.
* Responsible for key aspects of the month-end reporting.
* Participate in the monthly closing process to ensure that accurate and timely information is provided for both corporate financial reporting and mill cost control.
* Provide accounting support for all levels of the business.
* Assist with the preparation and/or review of the financial analyses of proposed projects to permit sound business decisions and to evaluate the results of completed capital appropriations.
* Ensure application of established financial controls within area of responsibility by effective implementation and maintenance of financial policies/processes and instructions.
* Demonstrate a commitment to quality performance by adopting a customer-based philosophy in the level of service provided.
* Mentor, train, and support financial staff within the group.
* Perform other related duties as required.
* that are needed to prevent reoccurrence of equipment failures.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* Minimum of 7 years work experience which includes manufacturing operations and cost analysis and will have demonstrated strengths in analysis, planning and forecasting and interpersonal skills.
* Have a broad appreciation and understanding of finance, business management and the interrelationships among these disciplines, as well as thorough knowledge of cost accounting and general accounting operations.
* Understanding and ability to implement necessary internal controls, including SOX experience.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* A Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting or related field is required.
* An MBA or CPA will be considered a plus.
* Strong analytical, critical thinking, and organizational skills, detail orientation and interpersonal skills.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
* Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions - committed to continuous improvement.
* High level of integrity to ensure accurate reporting of financial data.
* Can work independently without a great need of supervision. Takes initiative and is self-directed.
* Can manage multiple projects at one time.
* Advanced Excel skills.
* Comfortable with the use of accounting and operational systems - SAP experience a plus.
* Commit to working safely and support/promote all mill safety initiatives and programs.
* General schedule is an 8-hour M-F assignment, however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Customer Focus
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.