Mgr., Information Technology 8/21/2020
West Monroe, LA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MISSION / SUMMARY:
The Division IT Manager is responsible for the leadership and success of the GPI Manufacturing (Mills Division) IT Systems Strategy team. Additionally, supports the alignment between IT and overall company strategy and objectives to ensure appropriate leadership, technical oversight, execution and expected outcomes.
The Division IT Manager works within an established IT framework that is closely integrated with Business Units, IT Infrastructure, Security, PMO, Change Management, Service Delivery, and decision-making committees to maintain alignment while focusing on process improvements and operational efficiency.
This position manages the Systems Strategy Technology team utilizing a combination of skills within manufacturing, Process Technology and Systems Engineering to enable IT-businesses solutions. The Division IT Manager also employs and improves upon business processes to successfully define & drive new manufacturing technologies and strategies. The Division IT Manager is responsible for establishing project goals, performance, standardization, risk mitigation, managing issues while maintaining focus on value driven initiatives and continuous improvement.
This position will also collaborate daily with Applications, Process Technology, Corporate and Mill leadership groups to prioritize and steer innovation projects, manage resources and budgets while driving process improvements with Operational leadership. This includes ongoing oversight to maintain stability, integrity and efficient operations of the manufacturing systems in GPI's Mills Division such as (PARCView, PI, Data Historians, Production, Quality, Process Technology and Analytics)
JOB FUNCTIONS: Job functions include but are not limited to the following.
* Directly manage and provide technical oversight for the Systems Strategy Technology team within the GPI Mills Division.
* Responsible for implementation and steady state for mill systems implementation, management and Coordination at all locations
* Manages and coordinates day-to-day support for Systems Strategy with Mill Applications, Process Technology and IT Site leadership for best practices which includes; Division wide, project schedule creation and changes, project status reporting, and PMO metric reporting.
* Oversee emerging areas in Manufacturing Systems and new technology initiatives
* Management of Manufacturing System initiatives and long-term process improvement projects
* Leads key strategic steering meetings with IT, business units, as well as steering committees.
* Provides technical project management, problem solving and support for IT and business driven manufacturing projects
* Works closely with other Division IT managers to support process integrations for manufacturing and analytic applications.
* Provide technical and general project leadership / management to multi-functional teams pursuing manufacturing improvements and new product development, while driving standardization
* Investigate, recommend, execute and validate new technologies to continually improve operational and management capabilities
* Serve as the IT focal point for process innovation in technology; primary interface between Corporate Infrastructure and Mill Manufacturing IT
* Anticipate and collaborate with business stakeholders to enhance technology, automation concepts, quality improvements, and risk control measures. Leads projects in these areas that have global significance as requested
* Develops and maintains the management process for initiating, selecting, managing, and delivering quality results from all IT initiatives.
* Ensures all areas of Manufacturing systems adheres consistently to GPI standards and best practices
* Leads and facilitates regularly scheduled management and team status reviews.
* Manages team resource/staff availability via established tools and processes, identifies appropriate allocation for current and future resource workloads and works with senior IT and PMO to proactively resolve resource constraints.
* Ensures all systems are managed in accordance to established GPI IT governance practices and compliance requirements.
* Using Analytical skills to review data, draw conclusions, and take effective actions.
* Works with all levels of management while communicating effectively as a team player.
* High proficiency in the configuration, use, and maintenance of Virtual Environments, Data Historians, OPC Foundation Standards
* Understanding of Database Architecture & Design (SQL)
* Understanding of Control Systems & Quality Systems (i.e., QCS, DCS, LIMS)
* Proven ability to lead effective support and project teams
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies, such as managing data collection and quality
* Strong work ethic and commitment to getting the job done
* Possess outstanding oral and written communication skills, including the ability to address both technical and non-technical audiences
* Demonstrated ability to implement creative solutions while working under pressure, self-directed, and possesses a strong leadership attitude.
* Ability to collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management both within the IT department and with the rest of the business units.
* Experience in gathering requirements from various business stakeholders and in facilitating requirement sessions.
* Motivated in proactively seeking out and resolving constraints with stakeholders.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Priority Setting
* Innovation Management
* Managerial Courage
* Customer Focus
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 7+ years' experience with manufacturing and related IT system processes. (i.e., ERP, MES, Quality, etc.)
* Experience with scoping and execution in a variety of IT projects, including infrastructure, application development, deployment & upgrades.
* 5+ years IT leadership experience preferred.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* A Bachelor's Degree is required with preferred emphasis in information systems, computer science, or related field. Equivalent work experience considered.
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity,