Mgr., Manufacturing IV 3/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MISSION / SUMMARY: The Manufacturing Manager - Paper directs all aspects of the business function for the paper and extruder areas.
JOB FUNCTION: Job functions include, but are not limited to the following.
* Lead the paper and extruder departments to safely deliver the mill's commitment to the environment, quality, production and EBIDTA results while ensuring the mill adheres to Graphic Packaging's core values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships and Teamwork).
* Demonstrate unyielding use of Management Operating Systems (MOS) including Six-Sigma, LEAN, KT, etc.
* Demonstrate situational leadership in the implementation of problem solving strategies and execution of key performance objectives in the production of finished product.
* Establish and provide the operational expertise component of leading and managing our cultural change process, the strategic and forward-thinking capabilities in both the operational and human capital areas of the operation.
* Establish and direct production operations to provide products according to job schedules and customer expectations.
* Determine training needs and administer appropriate training program for salaried and hourly employees in the areas of responsibility.
* Develop and implement program for new capital investments, cost reduction and equipment refurbishment.
* Administer and implement Labor relations (CBA) through consultation with the Human Resources and Mill Manager
* Develop and administer material and labor usage.
* Preparation of budgets and standards for cost measurement.
BACKGROUND / EXPERIENCE:
* 10+ years manufacturing experience. Experience working in an integrated mill (preferred).
* 5 years of supervisory experience in the pulp and paper industry.
EDUCATION / KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering (Chemical Engineering preferred)
SKILLS: Skills include but not limited to the following.
* Effective written and verbal communications skills
* Effective strategic planning, problem solving, interpersonal, and analytical skills
* Computer skills, including the use of Microsoft Office Software, Excel, Word and Outlook
* SAP Business Software Knowledge preferred
* Provide strong leadership and teamwork to ensure safe and efficient operations
* Exhibit proven ability to self-manage in a dynamic, fast paced environment. Lean Implementation experience and knowledge of six sigma principles required.
* General schedule is M-F assignment; however, employee must be willing to work alternate schedules occasionally; that may include early mornings, nights, and/or weekends and be punctual while doing so.
* Occasional overnight travel to include flying, driving, riding or by rail.
* Sitting or standing for extended periods up to 8-hours.
* Occasional Lifting up to 20 lbs.
* Reading computer screen or other electronic devices.
* Use of various office hand and electrical tools or equipment.
* Integrity & Trust
* Action Oriented
* Functional/Technical Skills and Knowledge
* Decision Quality
* Problem Solving
* Motivating Others
* Priority Setting
* Time Management
At Graphic Packaging International (NYSE: GPK), we produce the box you may have poured your child's cereal from this morning, the microwaveable tray that heated your lunch, the paper cup that held your coffee throughout the day, and the carrier of those bottles of craft beer you may enjoy tonight! We're one of the largest manufacturers of paperboard and paper-based packaging for some of the world's most recognized brands of food, beverage, foodservice, household, personal care and pet care products. Headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, we are a team of collaborative, innovative, passionate individuals who are committed to providing consumer packaging that makes a world of difference.
With almost 18,000 employees working in more than 70 locations in North and South America, Europe and the Pacific Rim, we strive to be an environmentally responsible leader in our industry and in the communities where we operate. We are committed to workplace diversity and offer compensation and benefits programs that are among the industry's best to reward the talented people who make our company successful.
If this sounds like something you would like to be a part of, we'd love to hear from you. Learn more about us at www.graphicpkg.com.
Inspired Packaging. A World of Difference.
Graphic Packaging is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their qualifications for the job in question. We do not base our employment decision on an employee's or applicant's race, color, religion, age, gender or sex (including pregnancy), national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic identity, genetic information, disability, veteran/military status or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law. Click here to view the EEO is the Law Poster.