Mgr - Technical Quality 5/6/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY NORDX:
At NorDx, we offer rewarding careers in laboratory science for those committed to work at a center of laboratory excellence. NorDx provides patient-centered, state-of-the-art laboratory testing to our partners in healthcare throughout Northern New England. Our success is the result of dedicated and innovated laboratory professionals. If you are seeking a rewarding, challenging career in a laboratory environment with an organization that will develop your strengths to meet your professional goals, we want to talk to you.
* Position Summary
* Serves as primary resource for technical and quality initiatives and standardization related to equipment methodologies, and processes across all NorDx sites. Under the direction of the Laboratory Director, researches and coordinates implementation and standardization of best clinical and anatomic pathology laboratory practices. Communicates and troubleshoots technical/quality issues with the Laboratory Director. Provides direct over sight to the Technical Quality Coordinators.
* Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
* Education: A Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology is required.
* License/Certifications: Certification as a medical technologist by a recognized professional organization (e.g., ASCP, BOR, NCA) is required. Certification as a generalist is strongly preferred. Valid driver's license and motor vehicle insurance is required.
* Experience: Minimum of 3 to 5 years' relevant laboratory experience. In-depth knowledge of laboratory operations and working knowledge of regulatory and compliance are required. Laboratory management experience is preferred.
* Working knowledge of Word and Excel software. Experience working with laboratory information systems is required.
* Strong leadership skills are required with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization. Ability to identify and troubleshoot potential technical and quality related issues.
* Strong organizational and project management skills are required. Experience with Lean/Six Sigma is a plus.
* Dependable transportation and ability to frequently travel between NorDx sites.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
As part of MaineHealth, Maine's largest employer, we offer a comprehensive benefits program, including: company paid health and dental insurance; vision insurance; 401(k); tuition assistance; Paid Time Off Program and discounted home and auto insurance. You'll also enjoy the employee discounts you'll receive with our 'Perks Card' and neat benefits like discounts on pet insurance, cell phones and more!
MaineHealth values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Federal and state laws prohibit discrimination in employment because of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status.