Mgr., US Regulatory Affairs 6/4/2020
The Nature's Bounty Co.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Since time began, the earth s been a generous contributor to people s well-being. We haven t been around quite that long, but The Nature s Bounty Co. has been enriching lives of consumers around the world for more than 70 years. And before we even got started, the world was developing our motivation: Nature s bountiful effects on people s health.
Through our years, we ve been a leader in health and wellness with our innovative products and solutions. We put science and the highest quality standards at the heart of our business that s why The Nature s Bounty Co. brands are some of the most trusted in the world. We re a leading global manufacturer, marketer, distributor and retailer of vitamins, nutritional supplements, sports & active nutrition, and ethical beauty products.
We re also a great place to work, with excellent benefits, competitive compensation and a progressive, healthy company culture. If you ve ever spent your workdays watching the clock, you know how important a positive work environment is for a person s well-being. The Nature s Bounty Co. is committed to supporting wellness in all its forms. And when it comes to wellness, nature is a pretty good place to start.
The Manager of US Regulatory Affairs is accountable for ensuring full (end to end) regulatory compliance of defined projects including, but not limited to, new and existing products, packaging and communications. Having established a reputation as an expert in critical aspects of Regulatory Affairs, the Manager will quickly establish a strong internal network and demonstrate a growing level of influence on the organization.
* Work independently with a high level of accountability for delivering all regulatory aspects of defined projects
* Ensure that projects are adequately resourced, managed and tracked to deliver on time and in full - troubleshooting and engaging others as required for success
* Accountable for all aspects of in market regulatory compliance for defined projects, brands and/ or portfolio including, but not limited to, new and existing products, packaging and communications
* Supports innovation/new product development and renovation of existing products through, amongst others, review of product ideations; formula and raw material compliance review and assessment; development of new and review of existing claims: label development, review and approval; sales and marketing collateral including advertising, point of sale and web copy; registrations or licencing applications
* Ensures change controls are reviewed, approved and implemented within required timelines to maintain compliance
* Demonstrates expert understanding of all applicable Regulations, guidance and industry best practice and partners with internal stakeholders proactively to create and implement strategies to comply
* Manages Regulatory Agency and submissions, as required e.g. FDA 30 Day Notification Letters
* Monitors the industry landscape with a particular focus on new regulations and relevant litigation
* Follows all Safety, Health, and Environmental policies and procedures
* Provides leadership and training to direct reports and peers
* 5+ years of experience in a regulatory affairs role
* Solid understanding of the consumer healthcare/nutraceutical industry landscape and market trends
* Experience in Natural & Organic channels and portfolios preferable
* Demonstrated leadership skills as part of a dynamic, high-performing team by setting and meeting goals and motivating cross-functional teams
* Proven ability to build regulatory processes and systems
* Quality experience/background is a plus
* Strong track record and technically savvy in the Regulatory Affairs function, able to provide expertise and guidance on product submissions with global health authorities
* Experience working with R&D and cross-functional teams desired
* Bachelor's degree required
* Advanced degree desirable
* Proactive, creative, forward-thinker with the ability to think innovatively about integrated strategies for regulatory affairs while accurately anticipating future consequences and trends
* Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
* Create possibilities from new thinking, generate and lead change
* Exceptionally strong teamwork, collaboration, communication and leadership skills
* Solid track record of building strong relationships across all levels of company
* Entrepreneurial spirit and enthusiasm to join a rapidly growing company
* Executive presence, with ability to motivate team and influence effectively to the executive leadership level
* Excellent business acumen and strategic thinking with strong problem-solving skills
The Nature's Bounty Co. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The Nature's Bounty Co. offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package, which includes health and dental plans, voluntary short-term and long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, generous associate discounts and more!
Please contact Human Resources at 631-244-2120 if you should need a reasonable accommodation to submit your information for our online job postings.
Ref # POS000004799.