MH Midlevel - FT 9/1/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Correctional healthcare is not just a job. It s a calling.
By choosing a career with Corizon Health you are choosing the opportunity to truly make a difference in the health, well-being, and future of the patients you serve. We take pride in being a pioneer provider of correctional healthcare. If you are interested in helping us continue our legacy of innovation and clinical expertise, we encourage you to connect with us today.
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to join our healthcare team at the Charles Egeler Guidance & Reception Center (RGC), Jackson, MI.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner:
The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner utilizes advanced, professional nursing skills with mental healthcare as primary focus as well as interacts with a variety of mental healthcare professionals and security staff in a correctional environment.
* Responds to and initiates care for those requiring mental health services throughout the facility.
* Assesses inmate/patient in a variety of settings.
* Identifies inmate/patient mental health problems and prescribes treatment under direction of a physician.
* Implements mental health services utilizing therapeutic regimens approved by a psychiatrist.
* Provides mental health education to inmate/patient, healthcare and correctional staff.
* Documents all mental healthcare contacts.
* Adheres to safety and security policies and participates in disaster drills.
* Follows security regulations for keys, sharps and controlled medications.
* Delegates to and supervises other appropriate infection control practices.
* Adheres to Universal Precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner:
* Graduate of an accredited college/university Nurse Practitioner program with current license/certification in the state of employment.
* 3-5 years experience in mental health setting which can include mental health background as a Registered Nurse.
* Must have current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) certification.
* Available to participate in on-call schedule.
* Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
* Must follow all credentialing and privileging procedures from applicable technical instructions.
* Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) with active license in state of employment
* Benefits offered to of the Corizon Health Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner:
* 5 Weeks Paid Time Off
* No weekends or evenings
* Minimal on-call
* No overhead
* Medical & Dental
* Company matched retirement plan
* Continuing Medical Education allowance
* Paid malpractice
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.