Microbulk Driver (CDL B) - 2nd Shift 8/19/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY ARE YOU READY TO BE PART OF A SAFE, PASSIONATE, AND HARD-WORKING TEAM EAGER TO DRIVE OUR BUSINESS FORWARD?
MOVE YOUR CAREER FORWARD WITH AIRGAS AS A MICROBULK DRIVER (CDL B) OPEN TO EITHER
MADISON, WI, MILWAUKEE WI OR WEST CHICAGO, IL
THIS IS 2ND SHIFT - 2PM START TIME
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
As the face of Airgas, the Microbulk Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently transporting bulk liquid gases between pick up terminals and customers, both internal and external. This position safely loads, delivers, unloads and returns using a company provided truck. This position fills pressurized bulk liquid gases at the customers location while interacting with Airgas customers and Airgas associates.
* Safely fills a pressurized bulk liquid gas tanker and loads, delivers and unloads supplies to/from a service truck on an assigned route on a daily basis. Fills customer Microbulk tanks as assigned.
* Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes.
* Maintains load manifests and all required vehicle documents ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries. Ensures that vehicle manifests, labels and loads comply with Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), and other government regulations as well as Airgas SAFECOR safety policies.
* Establishes and maintains good customer relations. Works with customer to maintain proper gas levels. Listens to and resolves service inquiries and complaints providing timely communication back to manager as needed. Maintains a neat, clean and professional appearance.
* Performs inspections per operating procedures. Monitors each customer unit to assure that it is operating safely, properly, and efficiently.
* Performs pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections documenting deficiencies & ensures all safety items are in good working order. Performs routine maintenance & clean appearance of vehicle.
* Assists management in route evaluations and efficiencies.
* Utilizes an On Board Computer per instructions and makes every effort to ensure accuracy of data.
* Uses required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
* Ensures all safety rules are strictly observed and promptly reports all accidents and injuries to management.
* Operates a pallet jack, forklift & other warehouse equipment as needed.
* Works in warehouse or on dock as needed.
* The above job functions are illustrative of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position and are not intended to be all inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* HS Diploma or equivalent preferred.
* Valid Class B Commercial Drivers License.
* Valid USDOT Medical Examiners Certificate (card).
* Hazardous material and tank endorsements required.
* Ability to operate a vehicle with an air brake system (no air brake restrictions on CDL).
* Must have two (2) years of prior Class B professional driving experience within the last four (4) years.
* Must have a clean driving record to include no more than two (2) convictions, OR two (2) at-fault accident in the last 3 years, OR no more than a combination of one (1) conviction and one (1) at-fault accident in the last 3 years.
* In lieu of experience, may consider accepting a diploma from an accredited driving school and a minimum of one (1) year of prior driving experience within the last five (5) years.
* Must be at least 21 years old.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
* Excellent customer service and communication skills and high attention to detail.
* Ability to read and comprehend material data sheets.
* Ability to safely operate a forklift and other material handling equipment.
* Employee frequently required to use a computer, telephone, and on board computers.
* Employee will be regularly required to lift and move up to 60 pounds with or without the use of a hand truck for distances up to 25 feet.
* For transporting any weight 25 feet or beyond, requires the use of a hand truck (or the aid of some alternate material handling equipment). Employee may occasionally be required to transport and move up to 800 pounds with the use of material handling equipment.
* Lives by Airgas safety programs, OSHA, and all related rules, regulations, procedures which are applicable to this positions responsibilities.
* Prior experience in the gas, welding and safety supply industry preferred.
* Familiarity with onboard computers preferred.
Safety is Our Passion. Airgas helps its drivers and the public share the roads safely so people and our product all arrive safe and sound. Airgas follows the FMSCA requirement for all motor carrier employers to run full queries of the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse database for any violations during the pre-employment process for all new CDL Driver Hires to ensure they are not prohibited from performing safety-sensitive functions. All new CDL Driver Hires must register for the Drug & Alcohol Clearinghouse and allow Airgas consent to review their Clearinghouse record.
WHO WE ARE:
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products, one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products, and a leading U.S. supplier of ammonia products and process chemicals.
Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than one million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 18,000 associates, over 1,100 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry-leading technology and innovations.
CHECK OUT WHAT A CAREER AT AIRGAS CAN OFFER YOU!
What do our Team Members have to say about being part of the team?
Great place to work with great growth potential - Director, Atlanta
Opportunity to advance and a great safety program - Driver, Cheshire
Fun people to work with and flexible management - Sales Specialist
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability