Mid Level - Plant Controls Engineer 9/11/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
Do you want a challenging position where you design logic for control systems?
WHAT IS QUEST?
QuEST is a 12,000 person global engineering solutions provider. But that s just the title line. We solve other people s most important technical and business problems. We solve the problem under the problem, we are elite in that we focus on the solution and not the tool. The way we solve these tough problems is by being collaborative, diligent, engaging, adaptive, and respectful. We challenge the assumptions, learn from previous work and put in the effort until the problem is solved. We don t waste time, we get things done. And then we go home.
We fail every day, but that never changes our drive to solve the problem. We ll brush off the dust and try again until we meet our commitments. You can do more at this company than you can in twice the time anywhere else. Your growth is purely a function of your drive and imagination. We accelerate success, you control the throttle and hold the steering wheel.
We re going to be a 100-year company, which doesn t mean boring. It means we evolve and grow to be the company that continues to solve our customer s problem no matter what it is.
THE ENGINEERING TEAM:
THE ENGINEERING DESIGN TEAM LOCATED IN SCHENECTADY, NY IS FOCUSED ON CONTINUOUSLY DEVELOPING THE EXISTING CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS THROUGH ENGINEERING EXCELLENCE AND OWNERSHIP OF THE PROJECTS WE EXECUTE. WE EMBRACE TEAMWORK TO ACCOMPLISH AND CELEBRATE OUR GOALS. OUR ENGINEERING DESIGN CENTER FOCUSES ON PROVIDING A CORPORATE CULTURE THAT IS INVITING FOR ALL ENGINEERING BACKGROUNDS WITH AN EYE TOWARDS DEVELOPING AND CELEBRATING A DIVERSE WORK CULTURE. WE EMBOLDEN YOUR ENGINEERING STRENGTHS AND CONCENTRATE ON DEVELOPING NEW ENGINEERING SKILLS. OUR CENTER SUPPORTS A DISTRIBUTED ENGINEERING CUSTOMER MARKET AND WELCOMES NEW CHALLENGES EVERY DAY. WE SUPPORT A WIDE VARIETY OF LOCATIONS UTILIZING A MIXTURE OF ONSITE AND OFFSITE SUPPORT TO PROVIDE THE BEST SERVICE POSSIBLE TO OUR CUSTOMERS.
YOUR FUTURE ENGINEERING ROLE:
* The Controls System Engineer will be responsible for all engineering and technical disciplines relative to the controls software development for the plant, gas turbine, and steam turbine power generation products. In this role, you will work amongst a team in a scrum/agile format to achieve routine sprint objectives associated with the programming, development, and release of controls system software.
* You will generate control software coding as per standards and contractual requirements; review and report all device discrepancies between P&IDs, signal lists, and other relevant inputs before software implementation; perform Data link configuration, and utilize tools such as Cimplicity for screen configuration and testing.
* Key functions of this role include cooperating and communicating effectively with Scrum Master/Product owners and other project participants to provide assistance and technical support; utilize time management and organization skills to effectively manage projects; work with technical leadership and perform technical reviews; develop work instructions to ensure consistency and repeatability; work with cross-functional teams; collaborate with internal support teams such as Account Management, Sales, Human Resources, and IT; manage personnel; demonstrate the autonomous ability to define more detailed tasks needed to accomplish engineering requests; and have a focus on quality and continuous improvement.
* This role requires proven experience in writing controls logic using ladder logic/statement list/ block logic diagrams, PLC/DCS Engineering; experience with MKVIe, Cimplicity, and ToolboxST; and advanced MS Office skills.
EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS degree Electrical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering.
* 2 to 5 years of engineering experience in automation/controls engineering disciplines.
* Familiarity with Gas or Steam Turbine operation.
* Operational Knowledge of and Balance of plant systems.
* Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences.
WE ARE EXCITED TO TALK TO YOU IF ENGINEERING GAS OR STEAM TURBINE CONTROL SYSTEMS IS YOUR PASSION OR ONE OF YOUR CAREER ASPIRATIONS.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS & WORK ENVIRONMENT: * Mostly Office Environments. Occasional Shop Floor involvement
* Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
* Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks/core (required) hours are 9 AM to 4 PM
* Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LOCATION: SCHENECTADY, NY
TRAVEL: NOT REQUIRED
COMPENSATION TYPE: FULL TIME SALARIED
REPORTS TO: PROJECT LEADER