Mid-Level Practitioner - Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner- Family Medicine - 69624 6/3/2020
The University of Texas Medical Branch
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY MIN QUALIFICATIONS
Graduation from an Accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner Program and current licensure to practice in the State of Texas. No experience required.JOB DESCRIPTION:Performs responsible clinical care in collaboration with the unit physician and under approved protocols, manages the medical aspects of care in the observation, assessment, diagnosis, intervention, evaluation, rehabilitation, care and health teachings of persons who are ill, injured or infirm or experiencing changes in normal health processes; and in the promotion and maintenance of health & prevention of illness in a clinical setting.
$88,769 to $110,000
SPECIFIC JOB RELATED DUTIES
* Provide care of patients including:
* H & P
* discharge summary
* daily rounds
* daily notes on patients alongside the faculty
* Provide independent outpatient visits for primary care in the Island West and/or Island East Family Medicine Clinic with acute, continuity and occupational medicine patients
* Assist with case management
* Obtains medical histories, organizes relevant data, performs physical examinations, and suggests pertinent laboratory, radiographic or other studies that are needed to establish or support a diagnosis.
* Performs preliminary reviews of radiographs, laboratory data, ECG s and other relevant clinical information; formulates and orders (Physician Assistant / Nurse Practitioner license) therapeutic regimens for treatment of pathologic states or disabling entities.
* Documents histories, physical examinations, and relevant clinical information, ensuring adequate documentation of existing medical conditions; medically classifies patients according to physical, functional and emotional capabilities.
* Monitors treatment progress and protocols of patients in chronic care clinical settings; counsels patients on preventive medicine regimens; reviews medical records or therapeutic regimens to insure proper content and appropriateness of medical regimen.
* Provides patient counseling and health instruction about medical problems, nutrition, medication and principles of health promotion and maintenance.
* Serves as representative and emissary of the physician in delegated matters of related duties as required. Interdisciplinary coordination and clinical care responsibilities.
* Documents all health care encounters and relevant clinical information in the electronic medical records.
* Perform related duties as assigned
Ability to independently assess and manage ambulatory patients including ordering & interpreting lab & imaging studies.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, UTMB Health takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Req id: 69624