Mid - Level Programmer/Analyst 9/2/2020
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
HERITAGE-CRYSTAL CLEAN is a market leader in the environmental services industry. The company is seeking a Microsoft ASP.NET C# programmer at its Elgin, IL headquarters to help develop and maintain applications in support of this rapidly growing organization.
The developer will be responsible for full software development lifecycle programming (requirements gathering, implementation, testing, deployment/documentation, and maintenance) and user support as directed by the Applications Programming Manager and supervised by the Senior Programmer. The developer should work well in teams and the developer should also have the ability to complete a full stack solution on his/her own accord.
* Develop, test, and maintain programming solutions using ASP.NET, MVC, C#/, .Net Framework, .Net Core, SQL, and Crystal Reports based on the direction of the Applications Programming Manager.
* Follow the lead of the Senior Programmer for technical guidance.
* Participate in code reviews that will be conducted by the Senior Programmer prior to submitting production migrations.
* Generate DDL scripts (ORACLE and SQL Server) in order to create or update database objects as needed to facilitate new application deployment, logic, and bug fixes.
* Provide support to user base by addressing programming-related helpdesk tickets, in-person inquiries, and phone calls. In many cases, this involves diagnosing/debugging issues, reviewing existing code, and providing solutions/enhancements & reports. Works well independently in this manner.
* Perform system testing, prepare documentation, coordinate migrations/user sign-off with other staff, and assist with training if necessary. Documentation can include test scenarios, change control, and training material as well as other items.
* Meet with sponsors and the Applications Programming Manager as needed to define requirements and clarify project scope. Communicate system changes to the Applications Programming Manager, project sponsors, and end users in order to fulfill technical and business requirements.
* Adhere and contribute to design standards, architectural components, and best practices within the department.
* Perform other duties/tasks as assigned by the Applications Programming Manager.
* Bachelor s degree in information technology or computer science
* 2 years of application programming experience preferred
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Works well in both a team environment and independently
* Demonstrated proficiency in:
* NET, C#
* Web development
* Oracle and/or SQL Server development
DESIRABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Oracle PL/SQL or Microsoft Transact-SQL programming
* Crystal Reports
* Microsoft Dynamics GP (Great Plains)
* Microsoft SharePoint, Office VBA, CRM development
MUST BE WILLING TO UNDERGO A BACKGROUND CHECK IN ACCORDANCE WITH LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
HERITAGE CRYSTAL CLEAN LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WE STRONGLY ENCOURAGE WOMEN, MINORITIES, INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES AND VETERANS TO APPLY.